Decided....

Tigerblade

2[H]4U
Gonna go GTX SLi. However, do you need the same 'brand' card's? E.g 2 x Asus or can you mix and match?

With the new 80.XX driver you can mix and match - they're still BETA though.

you did before the 8x.xx drivers. I'd still reccommend 2 x of the same cards esp. if you are buying them at the same time :) the newest Forceware drivers (81.84 I think) support mismatched cards (by manufacter), they still have to be 6600GT's, 6800nu's , etc to work

Nidhogg said:
if you get the Asus TOP cards make sure you have room for them

Was looking at them but my local store is out of stock. Might go for the normal clocked Asus ones and stick some Artic Coolers Silencer jobba's on them ;) I do have a Wavemaster case so room isn't a prob.

Those BETA 81.84 drivers suck ass. :mad:

My HL2 frames went from avging around 85-90 FPS down to 35-40 FPS. I get the 90 FPS with all the eye candy turned on. UT2004 was the same way. Went from very smooth game play to just choppy.

I will stick with the 78.01 until something better comes along.

Tigerblade said:
Was looking at them but my local store is out of stock. Might go for the normal clocked Asus ones and stick some Artic Coolers Silencer jobba's on them ;) I do have a Wavemaster case so room isn't a prob.
That isn't the problem. It's the space between the PCI-E slots.

The Cobra said:

My HL2 frames went from avging around 85-90 FPS down to 35-40 FPS. I get the 90 FPS with all the eye candy turned on. UT2004 was the same way. Went from very smooth game play to just choppy.

Do you have gamma AA enabled?

The Cobra said:

They seem to be aimed at dual core CPUs but as with all BETA drivers they invariably FUBAR other things.

roflcopter said:
That isn't the problem. It's the space between the PCI-E slots.

I know lol there are no other cards in my rig, everything else runs from usb :)

Back