Decided to get a 40-43" 4K tv as my monitor.. Samsung JU7100 or other?

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hello!
So, its odd that some of the best TVs IMO like the Sony's are only available in bigger sizes.
So as far as 43" or 40" the options are more limited.
I have narrowed it to the JU7100 since I dont want curve screen and the most important thing for me is IQ 4:4:4 at 60Hz.
Gaming will not be as much as photo editing will.
I tried the LG 43" that was on sale during BF from Best Buy and that showed me that I can surely enjoy a 40"ish tv as a monitor compared to my current QNIX 27" or a 32" Asus I tried before.
In any case...do you guys have any other recommendation in this same price range?

What are you saying about Sony? It is available in 43" size 4k. I bought one from Amazon. The seiki improved their 2015 product a week after I bought. I would buy that now instead. Not good for gamers, but good for programmers. Input lag went from 300ms to 80ms with a firmware update. A couple of threads over at overclock.net.
Here is the link to the Sony model I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR43X83...id=1448904484&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+android+tv

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Which model? I guess I should have specified that part.
I was referring to the 810C series

PS.
Yes I read about the 830 model but the IPS panel with low contrast killed it for me.
Thanks though!

Last edited:
Yep, it has better contrast than the 7100 I am planning to get but 55" is just too much for my needs :/ Heck the LG I got was almost good enough to keep but the RGBW and more importantly, not very good black levels killed me.

Would be nice if they had a 40" model, but the market for that size in a 4K TV is very niche. Most people looking to purchase 4K TVs are generally looking for 60" and up.

What I noticed about Sony's VA panels is they look spectacular. Better than any of the 3rd rate VA panels used in PC monitors. I'm using a Philips 40" 4K VA monitor with 5000:1 contrast and it's no match against the SONY. I actually plan on buying the 810C purely for Gaming and movies, but will use a smaller screen for PC work.

Last edited:
I almost feel like pushing it all the way to the back of my desk and see if that helps but I doubt it :D
I once had a 65" DLP but mostly it was gaming and 3D but ended up downsizing because I wanted more intimate detailed image for photo editing. :)

Just purchased the 49" version of the LG UF7600. 4:4:4 Chroma support and an IPS panel. I tried the Samsung UN40JU6500FXZA before it. The picture was very nice sitting directly in front of it, but I didn't care for the picture on off angles. I believe the JU6500 & the JU7100 use the same VA panel. The blacks, of course, on the VA panel were better. But otherwise, I personally like the colors better on the UF7600.

There is a 43" version of the UF7600.

Off angle is luckily not an issue for me but I guess I no longer enjoy the IPS black levels unfortunately which seems to limit my options a lot at the size I am looking for. :/

Remember the Samsung TV's use PWM to control brightness and if not set to 100% they will suffer from PWM artifacting when dealing with motion. SONY is the only TV manufacturer that uses DC dimming.

Back