decently quiet gaming FT03 rig, suggestions?

So Deus Ex just dropped and I'm still stuck on a old Q6600 8800gts computer with a 1280x1024 max res monitor. Time for an upgrade! I'm not a huge overclocker these days, and would rather something reliable and quiet as opposed to noisy and cutting-edge. This rig is mainly for gaming (deus ex, sc2, diablo3, crysis2...) I've settled on the FT03 because i'm a huge fan of it's style and footprint.

I'm thinking of this so far:
SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT03B Black Aluminum
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
XFX HD-695X-ZNDC Radeon HD 6950 2GB
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z (was previously P8P67 PRO)
CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Thermaltake CLP0574 120mm Jing CPU Cooler
Silverstone Strider 700W
Thermaltake AF0018 ISGC Fan 12 120mm Case Fan x2
ENERMAX UC-8EB 80mm Case Fan x2
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Silverstone Short Cable Set For Silverstone Strider Series Modular PSU Model PP05

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Also, do I need a 80mm fan to replace in the case? I think those are optional but I'm not so sure. Hm..also, any suggestions on the monitor to go with this? leaning towards a 120hz IPS but there's just so many options.

Last edited:
Looks great man! should be a sweet build.

IMO
dont get the enermax 80mm fans, a single 120 does better than 80s, and those exact 80s in its place (and its quieter)

dont get the vertex 3 - its had some issues. Id go with intel or crucial personally

hyper 212 over the thermaltake cooler, better bang for buck.

im not sure if the pp05 kit will fit

Hm...I got the vertex 3 here already. I guess I'll see if it has any stability issues cj3waker and i'll post results once the last piece, the PSU, gets here.

There's a lot of fan configurations on the FT03, I guess I'll play around and see which is the best. But I'll probably just use the 120mm's on your suggestion. My previous build with the SG03 will probably get the 80mm's.

note to people thinking about the FT03 and selecting a vid card: the manual recommends a video card that does NOT have a fan in the middle, or two fans blowing directly onto the GPU's heat sink. A video card with a fan that vents to the back of the GPU, where the fan blows centrifugally, is recommended. So the fan would be either in the left or the right of the card, rather than middle or 2x. Hope this helps!

Back