Decent wireless keyboard/mouse

k1pp3r

[H]F Junkie
I'm a bit new to the Apple game, I was able to repair a 2015ish Machbook air and would like to see what a decent wireless keyboard/mouse would be.

I'm not to keen on spending $200 on the Magic ones.

What are some good alternatives?

The magic mouse is terrible anyway. Thing gives me cramps within 10 minutes.

I'm a fan of the Logitech wireless sets, specifically, this one. If one part craps out , you can grab another Logitech KB/M and use the same dongle for it or if you want to add in something like the G700 for when you game (so 1 keyboard, 2 mice) you can still use the same dongle.

It isn't permanently attached to the dongle it came with. I haven't seen another product line do this. For someone like me that appreciates keeping USB ports open, being able to have a single plug in for keyboards and mice is nice.

Any keyboard and mouse you want is compatible with macOS.

Most will want a Mac keyboard layout however and only a few have that. If you want mechanical then you can look at Das or Matias. If membrane is okay, there are options from Logitech amongst others. Mechanical keyboards of course are pricey.

I would also highly recommend checking eBay and CL for keyboards for less money.

For mice I prefer Logitech with their Mx Master. But like I say, you can use and mouse you’d like. There isn’t a Mac specific mouse. So if you prefer gaming mice, get that. Or if you prefer something ergonomic, get that.

I ended up finding an older magic mouse and keyboard, both wireless buried at work. They work fine now :)

I ended up finding an older magic mouse and keyboard, both wireless buried at work. They work fine now :)

Free is good. I like the other poster above don’t like the Magic Mouse. It’s overly sharp, flat and otherwise awkward shaped. For browsing and office though, the Magic Trackpad is great and I do recommend that.

Otherwise I highly recommend getting any other mouse you like more. But if you like the MM then enjoy. You can’t beat free.

I agree that this is the flattest mouse i have have used lol

The mouse sucks, but the trackpad's awesome. If I didn't need a mouse for gaming, I'd just use the trackpad for everything. It's like $60 for an official Apple wireless keyboard on eBay. For that kinda scratch, you're not gonna find much better. I've gotten great battery life out of mine, and it just takes a couple of AA batteries when it does die.

Back