Decent small speakers?

Dryft

n00b
I'm generally using cans when I'm on the comp, but once in a while I like to give my noggin a rest. I have a couple of openings on my desk below and to either side of the builtin monitor stand that I was wondering if I could find some speakers to fit.

The openings are 3.25" x 3.875" and are open on the backside. I'd try searching the forum, but it's been disabled temporarily, and Google hasn't been fruitful so far (what would a good search term even be?).

Anyone able to point me in the right direction on this? I want decent quality, but I'm not looking to blow the door off my office with a couple of tiny satellites.

Cheers,
- D

If you have room for a subwoofer on your floor you can get a JBL Creature II. The satellites are small enough for what you need. The only thing bad about them is weak midrange, but you can fix that by just slightly raising the midrange in an equalizer. The sound quality ain't half bad either. They're not great, but they're pretty good for the price IMO.

http://computers.listings.ebay.com/...fromZR11QQsacatZ156541QQsocmdZListingItemList

Don't pay more than $29 + $11, and I'd recommend you buy from HarmanAudio. I got my used Creatures from them and they came in great condition. Since you're buying from the manufacturer, they guarantee everything is in working order, plus you get the original packaging.

I second that opinion...Ive had my creatures for a very long time and have no complaints :D.

Back