Decent *single slot* vid card to replace ATI 5770?

indokyne

2[H]4U
Hey all,
I'm not doing to well on my Google / Newegg searches to find a single slot card to replace my current ATI 5770.

I've seen a few AFOX cards but can't seem to find them available...

Also saw a more available 6770 but for some reason, it looks like it can't outperform a 5770 :confused:

I game on a 1920 x 1200 rig and currently have a Phenom II Dual core 550 running at 3.6

Thanks in advance!

The 6770 and 5770 use the same graphics chip. The 6770 just has an updated bios and supports HDMI 1.3*or was it 1.4* and the 5770 supports 1.2.
Becouse they use the same chip, they will have the exact same performance. You can run a crossfire of a 5770 and 6770.

To get better performance you will have to get a 7000 series or go nVidia 600. I don't know of any single slot cards in that range and can't check at work.

Contact A-Fox directly at [email protected], when I contacted them to find out about the LP 7850 this was the response I got:

Dear Tim,

Thank you for the inquiry. We can provide it to you directly since you cannot find a local agent there.
The payment can be made by Paypal or Western Union.

Thanks for reply in advance,

Best regards,
Marina Yang
Sales Department, AFOX Corporation

There are also a few copies of the single slot 7850 on Ebay at the moment as well when you search for "Afox", but I don't know how much of a mark up they are compared to "retail".

6770=5770, so go with a higher number card on the ati side to replace. You stuck on the AFOX brand, or do you merely want recommendations? You have to have a single slot?

thanks guys

How about the 7750 compared to my current 5770.

Looks like there's be a good power consumption improvement but how about gaming? (1920x1200)

Back