• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Decent PCI-e 1x RAID card?

Zinn

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 31, 2010
Messages
3,490
One of the native Intel SATA 2 ports on my new ASUS P67 Sabertooth board seems to be flaky. I know I could RMA the board but I'd really rather not hassle with it after all the time I spent assembling and installing everything. However, I really want to run a RAID-1 array in addition to my RAID-0 with some WD Blues I have lying around and I don't have enough native ports.

I do have a couple of spare PCI-e 1x slots on this board. Are there any decent RAID cards out on the market that I could add in for cheap and would play nice with my existing Intel RAID setup?

Thanks in advance!
 
Note that most controllers should work properly in a x1 slot. Only the mechanical problem remains, which can be solved by "removing" the plastic wall at the end of the slot, which will void warranty.
 
Back
Top