MrWizard6600
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Jan 15, 2006
- Messages
- 5,791
ok,
single best resource to these boards, I donno why this hasn't caught on:
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=566&card2=606
Those guys have been having issues keeping the figures for estimated performance (flops, textures/sec, pixels/sec etc) accurate since ATI and Nvidia have both wondered off so far from the old pipeline architecture.
Anyways, a mooshy +1 for the HD 4770 because its a total screw up from AMD and a total win for consumers, but thats only if it actually holds to its relative price point, which it doesn't, and that's why its a mooshy recommendation. An HD4850 at $90 is a helluva deal, so I'm +1 for that. I'd jump on that myself if I wasn't happy with my old 8800GTS 640 (and a canadian).
The HD4870 512MB versions at $150 is a pretty spectacular deal too.
One thing that is worth keeping in mind is that because of XFX's double lifetime warranty and its availability around the world, they resell great on e-bay.
single best resource to these boards, I donno why this hasn't caught on:
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=566&card2=606
Those guys have been having issues keeping the figures for estimated performance (flops, textures/sec, pixels/sec etc) accurate since ATI and Nvidia have both wondered off so far from the old pipeline architecture.
Anyways, a mooshy +1 for the HD 4770 because its a total screw up from AMD and a total win for consumers, but thats only if it actually holds to its relative price point, which it doesn't, and that's why its a mooshy recommendation. An HD4850 at $90 is a helluva deal, so I'm +1 for that. I'd jump on that myself if I wasn't happy with my old 8800GTS 640 (and a canadian).
The HD4870 512MB versions at $150 is a pretty spectacular deal too.
One thing that is worth keeping in mind is that because of XFX's double lifetime warranty and its availability around the world, they resell great on e-bay.
Last edited: