Decent 6800GT Drivers

ralfyboy

Limp Gawd
I'm currently using drivers that were released before the new nVidia control panel was implemented. I was having trouble setting my resolution at 1280x960. No matter what options, configurations, and settings I changed, I couldn't get it to fit the screen properly. Even at max height and width settings, the resolution only fills up 60% of the screen. Does anyone know if this was a problem with only certain drivers, or is it a problem with all drivers with the new control panel? Also, I don't play any recently released games. I just play source games (HL2, HL2EP1, CSS, DODS). What drivers do you recommend (before the new control panel, if the problem can't be fixed) for the games I listed?

I searched past threads to see if anyone had similar problems, but I couldn't find one.

You do realize you don't HAVE to use the new control panel with the new drivers, right?

You tried adjusting the geometry controls on your monitor?

I've adjusted all setting in the control panel in combination with the settings on my monitor, (NEC FE990) and nothing worked.

And how can you NOT use the new nVidia interface? Is there an option to use the old interface? I find the new one very annoying.

ralfyboy said:
I've adjusted all setting in the control panel in combination with the settings on my monitor, (NEC FE990) and nothing worked.

And how can you NOT use the new nVidia interface? Is there an option to use the old interface? I find the new one very annoying.

Yup, in one of the pulldown menus at the top there is an option that says something like "use old style control panel".

I'll try the new drivers then. I'll post again if I still get the same problem.

Back