Debt is an asset, right? :)

Erebus

2[H]4U
Well, I decided to go into debt and finance 2 Dell 2001FP's. I paid $1480 to get em to my door, which isn't too bad I guess, did one of the 20% deals through Dell Small Business. Right now they are hooked up to my dinosaur computer (p3 1ghz, 512 mb ram, ti4200), so I don't have dual dvi quality yet, just one dvi and the other vga. Heres a pic:
Screens02.JPG

I'm hoping to upgrade my computer this month so I can test this out on some newer games. The 2001FP hooked up to analog is pretty bad, but livable untill I upgrade. I really like the ability to hook up S-vid to the monitors, got my gamecube hooked up to one of them and it is :eek: :D

If anyone would like any high-res pictures of any aspect of the monitor I'd be happy to take some.

Ðave :D

damn...

I just paid off my credit card, and I am so tempted to buy one of those.
They look beautiful. Congrats on havin a sweet setup. I'm jealous.. :)

That goes contrary to anything I've ever learned about business and economics, but in this case, definitely some fine assets!

I would go further in debt and build a computer.

I am in my school Now , NYIT in manhattan and thy just redid the Library and we have about 30 of them, They are Nice

why wont my posts come up when i am not logged in

compslckr said:
you might as well get new speakers while your at it ;)
yeah, no shit

I would have gotten one 2001fp and a new computer/set of speakers

Trancify said:
My debt is 5000 dolllars... If you look at my signature... you will know why ;) ;) :D :D

if you had built it your self and used a little restraint, you could have had 90% of the performance for 50% of the cost

does your video card have dual dvi?

and signatures are limited to 10 lines

very nice setup but..
i think you went overboard (and even into debt?!!) to finance the purchase of two screens that you dont appear to need..? if you do "need" them for some reason then that's one thing but you didnt make any indication of that in your post..buying things like computers and ht systems require moderation. meaning; if your going to spend 1500 on screens then you should have a significantly better sound system and box to accompany it. it is not a good thing when one component of your system has drastically higher or lower performance than all the others..

My computer is rapidly approaching ancient, but at least I've got a 2001FP and zero debt for it (spent my tax return on the 2001FP.) I barely know what to do with the space I've got with one of the things, let alone two...

firey-eyez said:
very nice setup but..
i think you went overboard (and even into debt?!!) to finance the purchase of two screens that you dont appear to need..? if you do "need" them for some reason then that's one thing but you didnt make any indication of that in your post..buying things like computers and ht systems require moderation. meaning; if your going to spend 1500 on screens then you should have a significantly better sound system and box to accompany it. it is not a good thing when one component of your system has drastically higher or lower performance than all the others..

ah.. the "all or nothing", or the "go big or go home" approach...

New computer and *especially* speakers will be on the way this month. I'm going to buy my dream speakers, the Klipsch Promedia 5.1's. Still undecided on the computer specs as of yet. As far as the dual monitor use, I do alot of coding/research/image stuff for school, and I am coming from a dual crt setup before this. I seriously can't live without 2 monitors :p As far as those speakers, it is kinda funny, I've owned them since my first computer (like 10 years ago) and I've just held onto them this long...as you can see they have been through alot :) Thanks for the comments, keep em coming, and I'll host those wallpapers tonight for ya quiksilverx181,

Ðave :D

nice setup :eek:

I'll probably be running dual 193P sometime before the end of the year :/

I'm running dual 17" and think its the perfect size for me and i didn't end up going in to debt to get them... plus i have a good sound system to go along with them :).

small_picture004.jpg

small_picture005.jpg

wow i had no idea they had that forums section with all those pics..thx man!! i was thinking id have to get that yearly membership to get decent wallpapers from their site =P so cool thx

Back