Has anyone successfully installed Debian sarge or etch on an sn25p?
Ideally, I'd like to install amd64 but I will settle for i386 for now.
I tried etch amd64 with the beta2 and daily businesscard installers. But I get the known problem of
Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc
I tried sarge amd64 with the 31r0a businesscard installer. But it can't configure the ethernet. I believe that it doesn't have the nVidia CK804 Ethernet Controller driver.
I tried etch i386 with the beta2 businesscard installer. It installs OK (which means the installer successfully access the net) but after a reboot after the install the network doesn't come up. And ifup eth1 fails DHCP. I believe that the installed kernel is lacking the driver that the installer does have.
I tried sarge i386 with the 31r1a businesscard installer. It hangs trying to install the IDE driver (but my box has no IDE hard drives, only SATA II hard drives).
Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff (qobi@purdue.edu)
Ideally, I'd like to install amd64 but I will settle for i386 for now.
I tried etch amd64 with the beta2 and daily businesscard installers. But I get the known problem of
Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc
I tried sarge amd64 with the 31r0a businesscard installer. But it can't configure the ethernet. I believe that it doesn't have the nVidia CK804 Ethernet Controller driver.
I tried etch i386 with the beta2 businesscard installer. It installs OK (which means the installer successfully access the net) but after a reboot after the install the network doesn't come up. And ifup eth1 fails DHCP. I believe that the installed kernel is lacking the driver that the installer does have.
I tried sarge i386 with the 31r1a businesscard installer. It hangs trying to install the IDE driver (but my box has no IDE hard drives, only SATA II hard drives).
Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff (qobi@purdue.edu)