So I debezeled one of my side 23" monitors to find that the vesa mounting holes (i.e. 4 screw holes 100mm from each other) are only drilled into the plastic rather than the metal core that protects the monitor components themselves.
However there are still 4 indentations built into the metal backing to provide room for the vesa screws to be inserted in without damaging that backing.
My theory is that with some jbweld I would be able to remove those screw grommets from the plastic, attached them to the indentations and still be able to use my wall mounts bezel free.
Is using jbweld on a monitor just asking for a disaster or worth a shot?
Thanks.
However there are still 4 indentations built into the metal backing to provide room for the vesa screws to be inserted in without damaging that backing.
My theory is that with some jbweld I would be able to remove those screw grommets from the plastic, attached them to the indentations and still be able to use my wall mounts bezel free.
Is using jbweld on a monitor just asking for a disaster or worth a shot?
Thanks.