• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Debating whether or not to upgrade...

kyp275

n00b
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
3
With the discount at MC on the i7 860, I'm thinking really hard about if it's time to make the jump or not.

current setup:

E6600 @3.2ghz
nforce 680i
4GB DDR2
HD5850
X25-M 80GB


thinking about going with the 860 and asus p7p55d-e, with 8gb ram, and maybe even add a 160gb x25-m, but the main thing right now is that I'm just not sure if I should make the jump or not :/

the only heavy gaming I do on my pc these days is Eve Online, which does tax the rig pretty heavily when running multiple clients @ 1920x1200... so what do you guys think?
 
That's a nice upgrade & you should see a nice boost. Any reason you are not considering the i7 920? I believe it's $199 at MC.
 
guess I liked the power saving and turbo boost performance on the 860, not really planning on doing much other than mild OC with this rig if at all...

but what mobo would you recommend for a 920? seems like the 860 is up to $230 @ MC now
 
Back
Top