Deathadder Black 3.5g Scroll Skipping Backwards.

mothman

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got one of the Razer Deathadder Black Edition 3.5g and every so often when scrolling down a page it will jump or skip and scroll up for a click or two.
I've tried it with and without the driver and it does the same. It came with the latest firmware. Annoying as hell ! anyone else experience this ?

Don't have a Deathadder, but I experienced the same problem with the G9x. I attribute it to crappy scroll wheel.

Experiencing the same problem as well only mine scrolls up half a click. Just enough for me to say "fuckin scroll wheel..."

I just bought this mouse last week at Best Buy for $40 so I can deal with it. I'm glad it only does this to me on websites and not while in game.

Yes it really annoys me. If it wasn't the best tracking mouse I've owned, I'd take it back for sure.

Got the same problem here.

Went back to the store with it, people thought it was fine as the problem didn't occur at that time as it's pretty occasional.

Filmed the problem, sent it back, and it's on its way to the factory now.
To be really honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I get one of those lame fines because of a unnecessarily sent item and the factory doesn't see it.

Here's how to fix it.

245a2pl.jpg

I was about to throw mine in the trash, then I opened it up to see what could be the cause. After I did this, it has not skipped a single time since I did it. (about 1 month ago)

Over time, it spreads and weakens. Squeeze it and it will perform as new.

Just got one of the Razer Deathadder Black Edition 3.5g and every so often when scrolling down a page it will jump or skip and scroll up for a click or two.
I've tried it with and without the driver and it does the same. It came with the latest firmware. Annoying as hell ! anyone else experience this ?

Don't have a Deathadder, but I experienced the same problem with the G9x. I attribute it to crappy scroll wheel.

Yeah, I do actually and its annoying.

Experiencing the same problem as well only mine scrolls up half a click. Just enough for me to say "fuckin scroll wheel..."

I just bought this mouse last week at Best Buy for $40 so I can deal with it. I'm glad it only does this to me on websites and not while in game.

Yes it really annoys me. If it wasn't the best tracking mouse I've owned, I'd take it back for sure.

Got the same problem here.

Went back to the store with it, people thought it was fine as the problem didn't occur at that time as it's pretty occasional.

Filmed the problem, sent it back, and it's on its way to the factory now.
To be really honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I get one of those lame fines because of a unnecessarily sent item and the factory doesn't see it.

Try the fix above.

Back