Death Stranding 2: On the Beach

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Kojima Productions’ next game, Death Stranding 2, was officially revealed at The Game Awards on Thursday by studio founder Hideo Kojima...the sequel will see the return of Lea Seydoux, Norman Reedus, and Troy Baker, and will introduce Elle Fanning and Shioli Kutsuna to the roster of acting talent for the sequel, which Kojima referred to as simply DS2...

Last edited:
DS2.png

I'll play it because I enjoyed Death Stranding though I question how it will be as a sequel. I feel like DS was a game that didn't need a sequel. Both in terms of the story and gameplay. Unless this becomes more action based I can see it getting old quickly. First game got a bit repetitive by the end.

The trailer is intriguing but if there are long sections of the game where you run back and fourth with little plot movement like the first that would get old. The novelty is gone.

Last edited:
We're in far more need of the next MGS than this.
Not really. I grew up with MGS. I quote it all the time and I love it. But it needs to sleep. New stories need to be told. And Konami can get sodomized by the thickest, veiniest herpes-covered cock on the planet.

I pay little to no attention to the politics of the gaming world. Just saying I’d much rather play the successor to Phantom Pain. Death Stranding is an interesting concept but definitely a one and done for me.

I think a remake of MG 1 and 2 would be interesting. Maybe even a remake for MGS1. I only played MGS5.
There already was a remake of the first MGS. It's called The Twin Snakes and was released for the Gamecube.

Seems interesting, and as weird as expected. Hopefully the wall of crazy weapons means that's a greater focus this time. In DS1 they threw a bunch of enemies at you but made it smarter to just blow by them all at top speed vs. fighting anything.

looks better than the first game...more variety in the terrain and the story looks better as well

Hmm more weapons means better enemies? I went through DS with just using the Bola on the Mules and Terrorists. Looks fantastic.

Haven't played the first game but am tempted now. I am into story/visual quality on single player games, sounds like it's enjoyable for something different?

Haven't played the first game but am tempted now. I am into story/visual quality on single player games, sounds like it's enjoyable for something different?
A good chunk of the game is walking simulator. You're are the equivalent of a dystopian FedEX delivery driver and a good chunk of the game is traversing terrain and carrying stuff.

That's combined with weird paranormal stuff and and Kojima style over-the-top cut scenes, dialog, and extra long movies.

If you liked previous Kojima games for their stories/dialog and had an interest in Kojima Silent Hill, then it might be a good fit. Though most will tell you the actual "gameplay" may be less fun.

A good chunk of the game is walking simulator....
I need to disagree with this statement. So many people call it a walking sim yet I drove most of the game even when I didn't build the highway system. The first map is heavily based on walking, but once the bike is attained, you can take it everywhere. Problem with the first map is you can't create a new vehicle. 2nd map also starts you walking, but you are able to quickly get vehicles built. You can take vehicles almost everywhere. I only built 1 Zip-Line on the 2nd map.

I played the game first time with highways and 2nd time without highways. I wish I hadn't built the highways in my first playthrough. Part of the fun for me was scouting ahead for good paths, coming back for my cargo, then going through my discovered safe path. Most of the time it's a calm and relaxing game which is part FedEX but also part exploration.

I need to disagree with this statement. So many people call it a walking sim yet I drove most of the game even when I didn't build the highway system. The first map is heavily based on walking, but once the bike is attained, you can take it everywhere. Problem with the first map is you can't create a new vehicle. 2nd map also starts you walking, but you are able to quickly get vehicles built. You can take vehicles almost everywhere. I only built 1 Zip-Line on the 2nd map.

I played the game first time with highways and 2nd time without highways. I wish I hadn't built the highways in my first playthrough. Part of the fun for me was scouting ahead for good paths, coming back for my cargo, then going through my discovered safe path. Most of the time it's a calm and relaxing game which is part FedEX but also part exploration.
I think you’re taking one part out of my statement and then being a literalist.

The point is a majority of the “gameplay” is as you say: just traversal over terrain. Which is also what I said. Vehicles or no vehicles.

Really you agree, but also like being pedantic.

Back