Dear Sprint: HTC HD2 Please

vischo

Gawd
Preface: Over the years I've been with many carriers, TMobile, Verizon, and most recently Sprint. Which I have been very happy with. Unlimited $99 month, better coverage, and what used to be first dibs at great phones.

Sprint definately failed to impress with the WiMo 6.5 launch. So, here's how they can make it up. With the HTC HD2.

large1.jpg

1GHz Snapdragon™ processor
ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 448 MB
Type: Capacitive touch screen
Resolution: 480 X 800 WVGA
Windows Mobile® 6.5 Professional
5 megapixel color camera

http://www.htc.com/www/product/hd2/overview.html

Why mention that the camera is color? Is the assumption that phone camera's are typically B&W?

Y'know, I NEVER thought I'd like a touchscreen keyboard, especially, after 4 years with Blackberry phones. BUT, I find it very easy to e-mail and text with my iPhone. It might not be as bad as you think.

From the pics I linked, the HD2 looks to be a little longer than an iPhone. I'm so glad I saw it before jumping on the Hero. Thanks, OP!!

I had the XV6800 (physical keyboard) phone on Verizon and I decided to try out Sprint as well as the Touch Diamond. Both excellent choices, the onscreen keyboard is great and the device is that much smaller. It's definately worth it to try one out. I am running WiMo 6.5 on my Diamond and there is actually a small vibration when you "press" a key.

Y'know, I NEVER thought I'd like a touchscreen keyboard, especially, after 4 years with Blackberry phones. BUT, I find it very easy to e-mail and text with my iPhone. It might not be as bad as you think.

From the pics I linked, the HD2 looks to be a little longer than an iPhone. I'm so glad I saw it before jumping on the Hero. Thanks, OP!!

I've tried many an iPhone and the on screen keyboard on the TP2 is almost the same actually even though the screen is resistive. I have larger than normal hands, not big but still the problem I have will all on screen keyboards is that I simply consistent hit the wrong keys, even the iPhone.

The keyboard on the TP2 is simply awesome, best phone keyboard I've ever used. For me NO on screen keyboard on a phone, including the iPhone, is good enough for anything other than a quick stuff.

No the on screen keyboard on my tx2z tablet is another story but thats MUCH than anything on a phone.

This is a nice looking device but I'm actually one of the few that LIKE styli. I really hate the move to capacitive screens WITHOUT a stylus but hopefully we'll see that fixed to.

Add a stylus and a keyboard and I am THERE!:D But I could live without the stylus if I had to is the touch is good.

I wish Sprint would publish their roadmap as soon as they know it so we consumers could make an informed decision. There's nothing worse than settling for a so-so phone only to see a month later that they'll be coming out with a really great one soon.
As for the HD2, I was waiting to see if Sprint would do a version of the Imagio, but now even the possibility of an HD2 early next year is enough to make me forget about that, and also not consider the Hero.
I love everything I've seen about this phone.
I'm sick of almost everything about my Instinct, but now I'll be waiting till Jan-Feb just to see what happens.

Guys, as of right now, there are NO plans to bring the HD2 to Sprint. The Imagio/Diamond2 WILL be happening, but I think the HD is a pipe dream right now.

Back