• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dealing with interference

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
3,026
The sound source I most often use has to be my computer. Sadly, from my computer to my receiver it is not a digital connection, I use an 1/8" to RCA Y cable, but of course at higher volume levels I'm forced to deal with interference.
My question is: Is there an easy solution to this problems? Better quality cable? The one I'm using is pretty decent I guess.
I've heard that uncoiling your cables and keeping them spaced helps, but you can only do so much when there are a billion cables all at the back of the receiver.
 
might try power conditioning, shielded IEC power cables, and shielded interconnects for everything, and of course make sure what your hearing is not a ground loop. (Use a 3-2 prong "Cheeter plug" on your amp and see if it go's away)

Edit: oh yeah another obvious one, make sure your sound cards LINE IN is muted.
 
Line in is muted, and my stereo is 2 prong but plugged into a 3 prong outlet, does it still matter? Someone told me to do that same thing but I never knew if it would make a difference. My computer is of course grounded.
Want to recommend me some good shelded cables?
 
Back
Top