Deaf And Blind Woman's Take On The Apple Watch

HardOCP News

[H] News
This story is actually pretty damn neat. Yeah, yeah, yeah...it's an iWatch but she seems to really dig it.

I was born deaf and registered blind when I was 14. The condition I have is Usher Syndrome Type 2a. I am severely deaf and have only a very small tunnel of vision in my right eye now so I was concerned not just about the face size but how busy it would appear to me and also if there would be an uncomfortable glare.

Smart watches have their uses, and I am glad this is working for her, but the iWatch still needs to show that killer feature we all need for mass adoption.

Very nice story, indeed.

However, someone is bound to declare that the woman's disabilities were caused by Apple as a marketing ploy to sell more iWatches.

However, someone is bound to declare that the woman's disabilities were caused by Apple as a marketing ploy to sell more iWatches.

What? That's ludicrous! Everyone knows that Apple is the cause of all disabilities! Disabilities were developed as a way to sell more iDevices!

Wow. Visited her website, and she is a powerful, amazing young woman. Born with one set of problems (majority hearing loss,) and just as she was getting over that, had a second set overlaid on top (deteriorating vision,) and she is totally empowered. Great life example... For anyone, really!

That was a great post. I've already ordered my Apple Watch (with Milanese Loop), really looking forward to playing with it.

Reading these kind of stories makes me feel sad about how thee are people with disabilities who cope with world, and how it puts our own problems in perspective.

Wow, she's deaf, blind, and hot. I can't think of a more perfect woman.

Back