Deadspace 2.... Halp!! I am dyin'

kilgore777

Gawd
OK, I just started playing DS2 and I am really liking it. Except.....

Sometimes you get annoying tooltips in a green box. I can't get them to shut no matter what I do. I am getting killed because I can't shut them off to use the stasis (when you first gtet it) and a nasty appears and kill me right after I hack the statis unit. I have tried the "Exit Menus", escape, opening and closing the inventory in hopes that the message will leave, to no avail. I can't move, aim or anything else.

Does anyone know how to disable the menus? There is probably an easy solution, but this is driving me nuts!

Arrrrgghhhhhh

There should be an place in the options menu to disable tutorials. It is a pain in the ass. And yes, Dead Space 2 is a freaking awesome game!!!

There should be an place in the options menu to disable tutorials. It is a pain in the ass. And yes, Dead Space 2 is a freaking awesome game!!!

Hey Mac, thanks for your reply.

I have yet to find the option menu to turn this off. Did you also have this issue?

Any suggestions would be more than welcome....

You can't move? I'm surprised, I got the tooltips but only as a small alert floating to the right of my gun; it didn't prevent me from taking any type of action. They appear to be on a timer, also. You should be able to use stasis even with the menu up; is this not the case?

You can't move? I'm surprised, I got the tooltips but only as a small alert floating to the right of my gun; it didn't prevent me from taking any type of action. They appear to be on a timer, also. You should be able to use stasis even with the menu up; is this not the case?

No, I can't do anything.:(

But..... I think that I may know the answer. I am using "Toggle Aim," not just "Aim". Looksie here. It looks like this guy had the same problem.

I am at work so I can't test it now.... I will give it a go when I get there.

BTW, if that is the problem... WTF??? Why wouldn't toggle aim work?:confused:

AH yes the toggle aim! I accidentally hit that once, and thought the game had glitched out or something because I couldn't take any actions! Yes, that should definitely solve your issue. I don't know why it shouldn't work with both stasis or TK, as you need to be aimed for both too, but there it is.

Also: if you've changed your key-binds, particularly reload, if you want to respec and remove nodes from an item later in the game it will not work - the game doesn't rebind the key properly. Even rebinding reload back to the original "R" doesn't work - you have to completely set the controls to default.

AH yes the toggle aim! I accidentally hit that once, and thought the game had glitched out or something because I couldn't take any actions! Yes, that should definitely solve your issue. I don't know why it shouldn't work with both stasis or TK, as you need to be aimed for both too, but there it is.

Also: if you've changed your key-binds, particularly reload, if you want to respec and remove nodes from an item later in the game it will not work - the game doesn't rebind the key properly. Even rebinding reload back to the original "R" doesn't work - you have to completely set the controls to default.

Yeah, it was the toggle alright. I spent about an hour trying to get it to work last night.... frustrating!

Thanks for the heads-up about reload. I guess I am really screwed there as I am really picky about binding and I hate the default controls.

Not to sound like a jaded PC gamer (because really, I am not).... the contols in DS2 are really fubared for the PC which is truly a shame. IMO the graphics are some of the best I have seen (but I never got to the great parts of Crysis or Metro 2033 because the games just didn't hold my attention). I even got a new mouse so I could bind the controls (my Steelseries wouldn't work... got a G700)... oh, can't bind relaod though.... why the hell not? It is a shame that they did such a great job but didn't go the extra 10 yards to make the PC version better (or should I say, fixed). It could have been a 93 instead of an 86 (IMO).

Lovin' it anyway. A very twisted game indeed! It's really like nothing else out there.

Back