DeadAIM replacement

Hey all. I'm trying to use an older version of AIM along with the DeadAIM add-on, but i guess AOL changed something, because I can no longer DC to anyone. I'm looking for a similar add-on for the newest version of AIM. Any suggestions?

ever consider Trillain? ive been using it for over 2 years now with no problems to report cept that it makes your buddy list a bit werid when you log in with a normal aim (doesnt keep your same budy folders). so far its always worked for aim from as long as i can remember.

BTW: New version of aim comes preloaded with Weatherbug! How helpful of AOL!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You can't DC? As in direct connect? I don't think it's DeadAIM's fault that you can't DC or maybe it can be. Have you tried to DC with AIM alone? This usually happens to me if I or the other person I'm trying to DC has on the Windows XP built in firewall or any firewall turned on. Have you checked that? Also check the AIM preferences to make sure you can DC with your buddies.

I use gaim for windows, but I haven't been able to dc with aim gaim or trillian for a while. :rolleyes:

I personally use Trillian and have been for around 2 years. Great program, IMHO. But I have also not been able to Direct Connect for a while... I always thought it was just my router but I never really looked into it because I never really liked DC...

DOH i missed the whole DC part!

you know, ive NEVER gotten direct connect to work unless me and the other person were on the same network behind the same firewall. Never on AIM, Trillian, or any mac client, just wont work. I Think i read somewhere that it has to do with how aim selects the ports it uses to transfer, either it was a huge range or it was completly random.
Sorry!

Back