• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dead/Stuck Pixel Behavior

Flexion

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,607
Hey All,

I'm having some strange behavior with my LCD.

I've been running a BenQ FP241W for about 2 and a half months now and all of a sudden I got a stuck pixel. It's a single red dot that occurs whenever a black background shows up. Other colors show up fine.

Up until the red pixel showed up, the monitor was perfect. I ran a couple of dead pixel utilities for about 30 mins or so in the affected area. The dead pixel was still there...

Funny thing is when I fired up the monitor next day the stuck pixel was gone. (I had some cold weather through the night).

It's been 2 days now and the pixel hasn't reappeared. Anyone have any strange pixel behavior like this?
 
Yes, I had a somewhat the same problem with a Gateway 2275. In my case it was a week or two old when a green pixel would turn-on after a variable period of time. Nothing to do with air temperature in my case. What was strange was that the brightness of the pixel was almost always different, sometime really bright and and other times dim.

Gateway replaced the monitor with a NEW one with only a little problem. The Tech wanted me to reload both the Gateway tunning software and the video card drivers. I told her no because once the pixel is on you could disconnect the DVI cable and it would still be on.
 
Sometimes pixels will stick and unstick on their own...I've had some success "massaging" the stuck pixels away using a microfiber cloth and a gentle circular motion over the pixel area.
 
Back
Top