Dead space

MGDMN

2[H]4U
So I got bored last week and bought this game hoping that it would help me test out my new 5870 and man, does this game suck. It is one of the most boring games ive played as of lately and its just really no fun at all. I only paid like $15 for the game but I still feel like it was wasted. Anyone else feel my complete disappointment at this terrible port?

Still haven't gotten around to it, I can't get over the controls. I still get a little input lag even with forcing V-sync from the control panel. Maybe I'll get around to it when there is nothing else to play.

I loved Dead Space. Best game of 2008, IMO.

Fornarmr: I eliminated any lag by turning OFF V-Sync.

Wow I guess I really am one of the few that hates this game. I guess I will give it another shot, and ya I had to turn v sync off and turn on triple buffering to get rid of the mouse lag.

Yup, I played it for 30 minutes before uninstalling it. Garbage IMO. The controls BLOW for the PC.

Maybe it's because it's on PC (I've heard about the control issues)...I played it on 360 and loved every minute of it. Great atmosphere, use of tension, and using the gameplay mechanics to enhance the suspence.

Everyone has different tastes. Sorry you didn't enjoy it.

I played on PS3 and it was very good, in my opinion. Like a mature Metroid Prime (kinda... sorta?). Have you tried with a gamepad?

Sorry to hear that you're disliking the PC version. It was easily one of my favorite games of '08 on the 360.

I think it's more you not liking the survival horror genre than the game being bad although PC controls do suck until you use some combination of vsync & triple buffering to fix the mouse sluggishness.

Nah, turning on Vsync and triple buffering still produces a little bit of mouse lag, enough to make it annoying. Turning vsync off creates a deadzone in the mouse, where if you have really high framerates by, say, looking at a wall, you have to roll your mouse over like 4 times to turn around.

Hey if you don't like the game and probably wont want it anymore, I am looking for the PC version... i'll buy it from you $5 shipped.

One of the best games of last year, on PC and consoles. Boring? You gotta be kidding.

I think it's more you not liking the survival horror genre than the game being bad although PC controls do suck until you use some combination of vsync & triple buffering to fix the mouse sluggishness.
most of the people claiming triple buffering helped are in the placebo group anyway because all they did was turn it on from the cards standard control panel which does nothing for DX games. with vsync off within in the game but forced on in the nvidia control panel the controls felt fine. when using an ATI card I couldnt force vsync on but maybe newer drivers fixed it. I got tired of waiting after 3 months for ATI drivers to fix that and missing fences in Clear Sky so I went back to nvidia. anyway, Dead Space is certainly one of my favorite games. I like it so much that I bought a Wii today mainly because I wanted to play Dead Space Extraction. I guess I need to revise my sig now. lol

have it for the PS3, thought it was fun... who doesn't like smushing corpses with there feeet? :p

seriosly, you should not be using a mouse with this game. it needs to be a xbox360 controller

seriosly, you should not be using a mouse with this game. it needs to be a xbox360 controller
well if you are used to using the controller then maybe. I just happen to be trying out the 360 controller at the time and I certainly preferred the mouse and keyboard over it. only in games like Assassins Creed does a controller feel okay to me.

Worst suggestion ever. Mostly because it SHOULD have proper pc controls. I still think it's better with a mouse than a joystick. The game is fantasic and surprised me for an EA game. I still don't believe it's EA.

So I got bored last week and bought this game hoping that it would help me test out my new 5870 and man, does this game suck. It is one of the most boring games ive played as of lately and its just really no fun at all. I only paid like $15 for the game but I still feel like it was wasted. Anyone else feel my complete disappointment at this terrible port?

How about educating us as to why it sucked for you?

I think its a damn fine game, sure the controls are not the norm, but I can adapt easily, has some great lighting and amazing sound, nice visuals overall and pretty damn creepy here and there.

Those who didn't like it, what the hell do you like. Maybe its just a case of ADHD, go off your meds for a while and play a Serious Sam game or some Painkiller, there's some constant brainless action for your shriveled noodles.

Game was bad until I turned off in game v-sync and forced it in Nvidia panel, and then upped the mouse sensitivity to max, then it became the best game I've played all year.

I tried it with a mouse, and it was pretty terrible. there are a couple pc games that just work with better with a controller, dead space, batman, marvel ultimate alliance. even though i dislike consoles now, im not going to use a mice in a game it clearly was not designed for, out of pride. The game just works better with a controller, it's been designed from the gound up to do so, im not going to fight developer intent, merely because i bought it for my pc. hell my xbox360 game pad was cheaper than my razer, so no reason not to have one.

I'm about to give this a try, but I wasn't so excited looking at the trailers, all monsters looked pretty much the same.

I bought this when it came out because of the reviews.The controls suck, but i bought i 360 game pad, but have yet to play more than 30 minutes, its got potential. But L4D has consumed my life like WOW does to fat nerds.

I tried it with a mouse, and it was pretty terrible. there are a couple pc games that just work with better with a controller, dead space, batman, marvel ultimate alliance. even though i dislike consoles now, im not going to use a mice in a game it clearly was not designed for, out of pride. The game just works better with a controller, it's been designed from the gound up to do so, im not going to fight developer intent, merely because i bought it for my pc. hell my xbox360 game pad was cheaper than my razer, so no reason not to have one.

qft I hate these anti-controllists. :p

I have the pc veriosn and i never had a problem with the mouse controls
and i use a deathadder

I'm not feeling you man. I really enjoyed Dead Space a hell of a lot. Beyond the fun of the tension and monster shooting, I became totally immersed in the setting. I think if there was a games Oscar for most complete setting/environment, Dead Space would be a nominee in 2008.

About the mouse lag, you need to turn OFF v-sync, not force it on. On my system turning off Vsync made the mouse control as responsive as any other 3rd person game with good mouse control, like Gears of War, Riddick, Ghostbusters, or Batman.

Last edited:
Well, I have tried it all this week and im on chapter 3 and I still cant get into this game. It seems as though im suppose to feel the fear of being trapped on this ship with monster enemies popping out at me at very suspenseful times but I find myself laughing at how lame the monsters look and they die pretty easily as well. I have v sync off and I have triple buffering on and the mouse lag is alot better but the aiming is still pretty bad. I am really just not digging the whole atmosphere. I heard that the xbox version is much darker and scarier so I might like that version more but im not able to get into this one.

Well, I have tried it all this week and im on chapter 3 and I still cant get into this game. It seems as though im suppose to feel the fear of being trapped on this ship with monster enemies popping out at me at very suspenseful times but I find myself laughing at how lame the monsters look and they die pretty easily as well. I have v sync off and I have triple buffering on and the mouse lag is alot better but the aiming is still pretty bad. I am really just not digging the whole atmosphere. I heard that the xbox version is much darker and scarier so I might like that version more but im not able to get into this one.
if you have vsync off then triple buffering doesnt do anything anyway. triple buffering only works with vsync turned on. even with vsync on you will have to use a third party app to make triple buffering work in DX games.

Back