Dead Space out today

Picking mine up today, anybody else getting it?
Both versions PS3 & 360 are said to be the same other than the special suits you get. I'm getting the PS3 version though, the PS3 suit looks alot better in my opinion.

Reviews so far..

GameSpot 10/13/2008 9 out of 10 90.0%
IGN 10/10/2008 8.7 out of 10 87.0%
Official Xbox Magazine 12/1/2008 6.5 out of 10 65.0%
Game Informer 11/1/2008 9.25 out of 10 92.5%
Game Revolution 10/13/2008 A- 90.0%
GameZone 10/13/2008 8.5 out of 10 85.0%
Eurogamer 10/13/2008 7 out of 10 70.0%
1UP 10/13/2008 B+ 85.0%
VideoGamer 10/13/2008 8 out of 10 80.0%
Daily Game 10/14/2008 8.8 out of 10

Wow OXM really low-balled their review from the looks of it. I got this game in yesterday and I played it for about an hour. So far so good. A few scary parts. I love that there is no HUD, like the reviews say it really keeps you immersed in the game. Damn if those necromorphs aren't fast as heck and sneaky too.

Very much looking forward to playing this. It looks awesome. Alas, I feel it might just be a rental - and knowing GameFly it probably won't be available for another few weeks.

Picking mine up today, anybody else getting it?
Both versions PS3 & 360 are said to be the same other than the special suits you get. I'm getting the PS3 version though, the PS3 suit looks alot better in my opinion.

Reviews so far..

GameSpot 10/13/2008 9 out of 10 90.0%
IGN 10/10/2008 8.7 out of 10 87.0%
Official Xbox Magazine 12/1/2008 6.5 out of 10 65.0%
Game Informer 11/1/2008 9.25 out of 10 92.5%
Game Revolution 10/13/2008 A- 90.0%
GameZone 10/13/2008 8.5 out of 10 85.0%
Eurogamer 10/13/2008 7 out of 10 70.0%
1UP 10/13/2008 B+ 85.0%
VideoGamer 10/13/2008 8 out of 10 80.0%
Daily Game 10/14/2008 8.8 out of 10

to add to the list,

Teamxbox gave it a 9 out of 10

Got this today for the 360. Awesome so far, combat is really engaging and the graphics are, while spotty here and there, very good. It's definitely worth picking up right now.

Just and update, played last night through 2 chapters and wow.

If you like R4 and the movies Event Horizen and a touch of Aliens run out and buy this now. It plays just like R4 and the aiming is dead on, controls are great, the lightinig in this game is probably the best I've ever seen. And the no hud setup is awesome.

Trust me just wait till you get to the maternity ward and you see all those babies and that damn lullaby music is playing over the intercom:eek:

this game really deserves the good reviews it has received. I have had a blast playing it thus far, especially at night with the sound turned up.

OXM is retarded, they had something like a three paragraph review that barely touched on any of the games features.

The game is awesome, immersive, great sound (something that alot of games cheap out on) and its pretty scarey too!

For anyone interested in this game I have to suggest playing it on hard if you are up for a challenge. I am no expert gamer so the Hard difficulty is pretty tough. I tried it on both easy and medium but hard takes it to another level. I have ran out of ammo a couple of times I am constantly searching the ship for more items. It really enhances the gameplay. It's freaky when you are trying to frantically open a door and you have a few necromorphs breathing down your neck and zero ammo in your pocket.

I like the obsidian suit download from the playstation store, it decks the main character in all black with a blue glow to the face mask - makes the game even darker than it already is in some parts. Only thing i'm afraid of is beating it too quickly so im pacing myself.

I like the obsidian suit download from the playstation store, it decks the main character in all black with a blue glow to the face mask - makes the game even darker than it already is in some parts. Only thing i'm afraid of is beating it too quickly so im pacing myself.

You can't get it yet from the Ps store right?

Yeah download it and then install it. I made the mistake of just downloading it and it won't show up in game until you install it. I love the obsidian rig. Makes you feel more like a BAMF instead of an everyday engineer.

Are there any key differences between 360/PS3 vs PC other than resolutions higher than 1080p & higher res textures?

Yeah it's been available to download on PSN since last thursday, just download / install it then in game you go to the in game store and it's available to purchase for free.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Not nearly as scary as Silent Hill Homecoming, but its action is a lot better and it's still quite scary. I also have to agree with what others are saying, the game's sound is phenomenal.

by in game store I just mean the store in the game where you purchase your gun / armor upgrades and store ammo / parts. it's just like the stranger in Resident Evil 4. every version of the game has it obviously.

Metacritic.com gave it a 9.0 for PS3 and 8.9 for Xbox 360. This game looks very good, although I am going to have to wait until I get a PS3 to play it.

by in game store I just mean the store in the game where you purchase your gun / armor upgrades and store ammo / parts. it's just like the stranger in Resident Evil 4. every version of the game has it obviously.

Damn I went all the way down the shop tab, must have overlooked it. But if I can dl from there and apply it thats cool in the gang.

What difficulty are you guys playing on? I'm playing on medium; I like playing games but not when I'm getting my ass kicked around. Anyway, I've been dropping health to make room for ammo and I haven't even felt it necessary to use stasis to kill enemies; I go for the legs or head to get them down and I usually kill them with just the cutter but then stomp off the rest of the limbs because that apparently counts because I got an achievement while I was stomping, heh.

I just got past the ship mishap so I'm about to head down to the store. MY DAMN FREE SUIT BETTER BE IN THERE!@#

I'm pretty impressed so far because I'm picky when it comes to games and this one is going pretty well.

how could anyone like event horizon. took a cool scifi story and choose to go gorefest with it. hell, the movie had to be edited in a huge way, it was soo disgusting.

how could anyone like event horizon. took a cool scifi story and choose to go gorefest with it. hell, the movie had to be edited in a huge way, it was soo disgusting.

because I think everyone's expecations was that it was going to be completely crap! :D

I liked it though. Interesting premise and executed fairly well I feel.

The recent movie sunshine was similar to event horizon. I liked event horizon myself, real creepy.

What I like is that this game didn't have tons of hype so it sort of came out of nowhere. It's nice to be pleasantly suprised. I just wish I had more money! Fable II, Fallout 3, Left 4 dead, etc. etc. etc.

Picked it up last night. Made the mistake of letting my 5 year old son watch me play.. I feel horrible. About 5 minutes in he wanted me to pray with him because he was scared. He gets ice cream today.

Picked it up last night. Made the mistake of letting my 5 year old son watch me play.. I feel horrible. About 5 minutes in he wanted me to pray with him because he was scared. He gets ice cream today.

OMG, yikes! I know that some games have a ESRB rating that is higher then what it actually is but this game is on the money. I won't let my 9 year old son watch it. Better make it a double scoop ;).

What difficulty are you guys playing on? I'm playing on medium; I like playing games but not when I'm getting my ass kicked around. Anyway, I've been dropping health to make room for ammo and I haven't even felt it necessary to use stasis to kill enemies; I go for the legs or head to get them down and I usually kill them with just the cutter but then stomp off the rest of the limbs because that apparently counts because I got an achievement while I was stomping, heh.

I just got past the ship mishap so I'm about to head down to the store. MY DAMN FREE SUIT BETTER BE IN THERE!@#

I'm pretty impressed so far because I'm picky when it comes to games and this one is going pretty well.

Like I said earlier in this thread Hard is the only way to go IMHO. Easy and Medium supplied way too much ammo so I was pretty free with it. On hard enemies take more to down and I have used stasis quite a bit. Plus I don't have the inventory problem as I keep on having to use health packs and purchase more ammo. I like the fact that I have to be careful with my ammo and purchasing decisions. Not for everyone but I certainly am enjoying the game that way.

This game has some killer atmosphere! It made me a bit jumpy after playing it for awhile!

I don't want to give it away but....

when you get further in the game it will make you want to molest your child and create a satanic ritual in your living room ! Its that creepy !

My advice is to get the exclusive suits from your respective networks.
From there, you need to embrace the fact that your going to need to stick to 1-2 weapons. Enemies get increasingly hard to kill and you need to upgrade them. Not to mention, if you dont have the exclusive suits, you dont want to waste inventory slots on a pile of different ammo....ammo that can get very low. There was times where I ran out of ammo, facing multiple enemies and had to resort to using stasis and melee....not how you want to survive as it is costly.
I know everyone wats to try all the weapons, but believe me when I saw you'd be better off upgrading 1-2 of them.
Plasma cutter and the saw are excellent. I found the flame gun pretty, but useless and the pulse rifle went through ammo way to fast, and as cool as its secondary fire is, not that effective. Line gun is good too.

Always save 1 node for secret rooms, often big payouts in them.

Got to play the game for a bit last night and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. Very well done, and I'm shocked this came out of EA's studios. Very shocked.

I didn't read the OXM review, but judging by their score (6.5), I'm wondering if they are playing the same game I'm playing?

Back