Dead Space 2 $11.98 @ GamersGate

Sweet! Going to buy it then plug the key into Origin to see if it will plug in.

Thanks OP!

Edit: Awesome, just confirmed the CD key plugs right into EA Origin.

Last edited:
Simply awesome game! Easily in my top 3 or 4 of all time. Easily worth 5 times as much IMO.

I bought this game for $20 like a week ago :rolleyes:
Oh well the game was still totally worth it

For anyone still wondering the controls work much better than DS1, Mouse and kb work pretty much flawlessly on this one.

No but it should register to EA Download Manager or "Origin" as its called now.

Yes, it does.

Last edited:
I think its a funny thing people do now. But does it work on steam, is the new But does it come with the model?

I bought it, Origin is just as good as Steam.. Same thing really...

This is my first experience with gamersgate. Initial impressions of their download service are poor. In the past I have used Steam mostly and occasionally direct2drive.

They did not send the serial number. Also, they had a patch listed separately from the game download. Does that mean the patch needs to be manually installed? Steam games are already patched for you.

I will update everyone as things progress. Currently cannot play game since no serial number.

I've used gamersgate several times before in the past, you download the game as an installer similar to D2D. There's no additional service to run on your computer like steam. You do have to download and manually install your patches from them though. As others have noted you can register the serial with EA directly and use their service if you prefer.

I received a "Your serial(s) will be available in about 8 minutes." message after purchasing, never had that happen before.

thanks OP. picked it up, installed key (8 min to get) into ea installer, it is downloading now. I hate the new EA downloader bullshit, but it is only necessary for the download. as is, I am trying to concentrate my games into the main services. I have too many all over the place as is.

This is my first experience with gamersgate. Initial impressions of their download service are poor. In the past I have used Steam mostly and occasionally direct2drive.

They did not send the serial number. Also, they had a patch listed separately from the game download. Does that mean the patch needs to be manually installed? Steam games are already patched for you.

I will update everyone as things progress. Currently cannot play game since no serial number.

Put it into Origin (AKA EA Download Mgr) log into their sight and check your account under my games your serial will be there.. Don't use their service it will be slow and the patch separate... Origin will do it all and the download will be as fast as your internet will let it.. I won't do Direct 2 Drive or any other direct download sight only Origin or Steam.. I can't keep track of my games otherwise....

Uh, the serial # is on the "My Games" tab, as well as patches. You cmplaints come from not reading... anything on the site.

Dude, I'm not sure if we're on the same planet. I just checked out "Origin" and it's exactly the same as EA's DLM always has been: overpriced and understocked. They're not even doing a sale to kick off the introduction of their service.

Uninstalling ...

Edit: This was supposed to be directed at the guy who said Origin was like Steam. Not sure why it didn't work ...

Last edited:
Back