Dead samsung 830 FFS

piXel

Gawd
Drive isnt even 2 years old, was browsing the web earlier and fire fox stopped responding so i did ctrl alt delete, instead of taking me to the normal task manager option it said something about Windows security and had a little loading circle then the next thing i know. BSOD and thats the end of it. Tried it in my bro's pc but no sata will detect it. Samsung magician cant detect it.

Its gone, so what now can i send this thing back?

Also replacement wise the M500 has taken my interest, 240 gig version. Should i buy this ?

Google samsung rma...

They are awesome about replacing them even without proof of purchase. Pinless process with them.

Right so i must send a drive full of private information to the manufacturer. This is the bit i don't like a tall. Will they just plug this thing in and think yeah it doesn't work and send me a new one. Or will they attempt to fix it and go through my files?

i work as an IT tech, going through peoples files is just part of my job when doing data transfers. I got bank details and all kinds of passwords for stuff on that drive

Last edited:
well they might re-use the nands, I doubt they would be able to recover your data or even want to.

Will it be as easy to convince you to use full disk encryption? :) You wouldn't have this to worry about next time or if your computer is stolen (assuming it's not a sleeping laptop).

Right so i must send a drive full of private information to the manufacturer. This is the bit i don't like a tall. Will they just plug this thing in and think yeah it doesn't work and send me a new one. Or will they attempt to fix it and go through my files?

i work as an IT tech, going through peoples files is just part of my job when doing data transfers. I got bank details and all kinds of passwords for stuff on that drive

So you didn't have BitLocker enabled? Think about that next time... at least changing your passwords is an easy task.

Back