Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster

Ahhh so this is why I've been seeing the dead rising games going for super cheap in all the key shops.
Didn't they remaster one of the others too?
Not the same voice actor either.

I had to look up the box art so I could remember the game. I never played it but remember the title.

I had to look up the box art so I could remember the game. I never played it but remember the title.
The first one was the first great game released on the Xbox 360 that wasn't a multiplatform title, in my opinion. Gears of War came out 3 months after Dead Rising, and Dead Rising wasn't released to other platforms until 10 years later. I played the shit out of it. I loved the homage to the original Dawn of the Dead, and the amount of zombies on screen at once was revolutionary for the time. It was the first game Capcom made on the MT Framework engine, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah they made like 4 of them.
I never got around to playing the other 3, oddly enough. I've heard the second one is good, but 3 & 4 are supposed to be terrible. There is also one side game that replaces the protagonist from the second game with Frank West from the first game.

The first one was the first great game released on the Xbox 360 that wasn't a multiplatform title, in my opinion. Gears of War came out 3 months after Dead Rising, and Dead Rising wasn't released to other platforms until 10 years later. I played the shit out of it. I loved the homage to the original Dawn of the Dead, and the amount of zombies on screen at once was revolutionary for the time. It was the first game Capcom made on the MT Framework engine, if I'm not mistaken.

I never got around to playing the other 3, oddly enough. I've heard the second one is good, but 3 & 4 are supposed to be terrible. There is also one side game that replaces the protagonist from the second game with Frank West from the first game.
DR4 gets a lot of hate but I bought it for $1.50 a year or 2 ago and had major fun with it except for the controls. The game basically has no rules and gives you wild freedom with making weapons from the get go, with no time limit shit.

It's just a massive zombie killing sandbox with mindless fun.

DR4 gets a lot of hate but I bought it for $1.50 a year or 2 ago and had major fun with it except for the controls. The game basically has no rules and gives you wild freedom with making weapons from the get go, with no time limit shit.

It's just a massive zombie killing sandbox with mindless fun.
Sounds like I wouldn't like it, in that case.

I haven't been this hyped for a game yet this year, and last year it was the RE 4 remake! I absolutely loved this game way back in 2005 or 6? I've played some of the newer ones but none of them hit like this one. It looks incredible, I can't wait to hit zombies with golf balls.

I haven't been this hyped for a game yet this year, and last year it was the RE 4 remake! I absolutely loved this game way back in 2005 or 6? I've played some of the newer ones but none of them hit like this one. It looks incredible, I can't wait to hit zombies with golf balls.
Came out in August 2006 😉

Came out in August 2006 😉
That sounds right, I played it on Xbox 360, and it was the first "High Definition" game I played on a tube tv that was 1080p lol. I remember people complaining on standard def tv's not being able to see the text.

That sounds right, I played it on Xbox 360, and it was the first "High Definition" game I played on a tube tv that was 1080p lol. I remember people complaining on standard def tv's not being able to see the text.
I remember that, too. I played the game on a 55" 1080p DLP.

Back