Dead Pump?

Criticalhitkoala

[H]ard|Gawd
TL:DR - Corsair h110gt pump seems dead. Bottom tube is super warm, hot, while top tube is cool. System registering 90c+ degrees. Never had a pump die in an AIO before, is this the issue?

A few days ago I was playing a game and all of a sudden my FPS dropped to the single digits (from 150+) and my machine blue screened. Checked everything and all fans spinning, etc. Fast foward to last night and the machine refused to boot past the bios, complaining about "CPU temperture High". The temp reading is 80c.

So I remove the pump, redo the thermal paste (using Noctua thermal paste) and reseatted everything.

Turn on the computer and instantly the same thing, but this time the computer is reading 90c+. It tries to boot into windows but quickly locks up.

Now I touch the pump, and tubes, and the bottom tube is nasty warm/hot while the top tube is perfectly cool.

Is this a dead pump? What do you guys suggest?

This is my first AIO failure so I'm just trying to figure out options. My main option is to drop by Fry's or Microcenter tomorrow, pick up a Hyper212 and try to RMA the h110gt. Was trying to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

Here's the culprit

3WzZ8Bbh.jpg

CZR6Zqqh.jpg

Yeah that sympton point to a pump dead or the impeller loose from the rotor.

in any case it should be RMA'd, corsair will honor fastly the replacement.

Pump dead or line is blocked. Given it's an AIO don't bother opening it up, just RMA as Araxie suggested.

Always good to have a cheap HSF like the Hyper around just in case, anyway. Be glad you have a local option! I'd have to overnight something from Amazon or pay some crazy inflated price at a local "computer shop" (the little hole in the wall places still trying to sell a Pentium 4 setup for $800 or something) if they even had one.

Pump dead or line is blocked. Given it's an AIO don't bother opening it up, just RMA as Araxie suggested.

Always good to have a cheap HSF like the Hyper around just in case, anyway. Be glad you have a local option! I'd have to overnight something from Amazon or pay some crazy inflated price at a local "computer shop" (the little hole in the wall places still trying to sell a Pentium 4 setup for $800 or something) if they even had one.

Yeah won't lie, pretty spoiled here in Atlanta. It's still driving, but literally where I live it's a big brick and mortar within 15 minutes of driving east or west of me.

Thanks Silent-Circuit and Araxie. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to mess with and started the RMA process. Fortunately I was able to pick up a Liqmax II 120s at the local fry's open box (surprisingly unused, and all parts in it) for only $30. Should do a good enough job running the machine at stock til the rma comes in.

1dwDSOPh.jpg

3 days have gone by with no contact. Not really to worried, but can't help but notice corsair saying their rep will respond within 2 business days :)

The enermax is actually doing a pretty decent job at keeping the 5960x cool even under full load.

Back