Dead Pixels

How many dead pixels does your LCD monitor have?

• Total voters

WhatTheSchmidt

Limp Gawd
I'm curious to how many dead pixels you have...If they are stuck just count them as dead for this...

On my Benq I had one black and one stuck red, on my new Acer 2051w I have 3 black ones...2 together so it's very noticeable...

I'm curious to how many dead pixels you have...If they are stuck just count them as dead for this...

On my Benq I had one black and one stuck red, on my new Acer 2051w I have 3 black ones...2 together so it's very noticeable...

send them back to company. eventually, with enough talk and a letter is always good, you can get anything replaced. agree to pay shipping or something like that.

wow that makes me feel unlucky, I'm the only one with 2 and 3....ouch

so now I have to spend like $30 and hope I can get a replacement...wtf

I have learned that no place has any policy for returns that ever stops you from returning it and getting a refund. they make these glass walls paper thin. just stick your Prada stilleto heel through it and whine. Works all the time.

My Samsung 913T has none (it's my home monitor). My Sony at work has 1 and another Sony at work, same model, has one too.

My 2007WFP has a few about the place, they come and go, if I get one that bothers me I just give it a poke and it disapears.

Of course, you shouldn't literally poke your lcd screen, a gentle rub or, in my case, the slightest touch is all that is required.

My 2007WFP has a few about the place, they come and go, if I get one that bothers me I just give it a poke and it disapears.
Same here but I "wipe" mine away with a spritz of lcd cleaner on a microfiber cloth. I don't believe I have any that are permanent..

I have one in the bottom left region of my 2407. I went crazy for about a month when I found out, and lost sleep wondering if I should return it or not. Now, I don't care. For the past month or two, I don't even remember or notice the dead pixel unless I read a post about "dead pixels" and look for it. So I'm pretty happy I saved myself the trouble (not anxiety though:() and held onto it.

Both my G4 iBook and my 19" Hanns-G widescreen have 1 stuck pixel. They are both unobtrusive so I don't mind. Two would probably annoy me.

I have one in the bottom left region of my 2407. I went crazy for about a month when I found out, and lost sleep wondering if I should return it or not. Now, I don't care. For the past month or two, I don't even remember or notice the dead pixel unless I read a post about "dead pixels" and look for it. So I'm pretty happy I saved myself the trouble (not anxiety though:() and held onto it.

lol one little pixel is no problem

my pixel pitch is smaller than most and so a dead pixel should be less noticeable than normal but I have like 2-3 together...that I see on almost everything ><

I would NEVER keep a monitor that had any dead pixels.

Most companies dead pixel policies are absurd in my opinion. It should always be that you get a free replacement for even one dead pixel. I will accept nothing less. If a company doesn't offer this, then I won't buy from them.

My LCD History:
LG 1511S - 1 dead pixel, replaced with a 1512S (after haggling with their tech support)
LG 17" LCD - 0 dead pixels
Dell 2405FPW - 0 dead pixels
BenQ FP241WZ - 1 dead pixel, replacement had 1 dead pixel, next replacement 0 dead pixels.

I have bad luck with hardware :(

I knew I couldn't be happy with dead/stuck pixels so I paid the extra money and bought from a shop with a no hassle return policy, just in case. I already returned one monitor, but that was because it didn't go into power-saving mode on HDMI inputs.

I just recently bought two Dell 3007WFP-HCs and neither of them have a single dead pixel.

can someone explain why the main dead spot on my monitor is behind what I see? If I put the mouse in the center of the dead spot and move my head to the right of it near the screen, the dead spot will be outside of the mouse and be on the left of it. So, are the pixels slightly projected or what? Is it because I have a glossy panel?

I've had no problems with any of the samsung or Viewsonic monitors that I've bought, but for the past few months about 40% of the LGs we've been getting have had dead pixels. It's getting annoying - sometime we have to request 2-3 replacements on a single monitor to get one without a dead pixel!

I have more then 6 stuck pixels on my Dell 3007WFP. Originally it had none but over time they started to appear. The other problem I have is the blue power led on the monitor has dimmed greatly. I am planning on calling them.

The way it's going within a few more days I won't be able to see it. I wonder if I send it in if I will get a refurbished HC version.

I would be happy if my power leds dimmed :p

Me too. It seems to be a trend in the industry to make the things so damned bright that they blind you. The ones on the monitors are the worst because your vision is directed at them.

So glad my monitor (LG L246w) has an option to turn off the LED. Also I'm starting to get sick of the blue LEDs... Phone- blue backlight, speakers- blue power light, computer case- blue power light.........

gah.....since when did everyone become a fan of blue anyways.......

Because blue LEDs are fancy! Lets just say that bluetac is my friend :D

(although the LEDs on my 2007WFP really arnt a problem at all, never notice them).

I've owned two LCDs my first 17" Hyvision had 1 stuck on red. second 20" acer that have now has none.

My Acer laptop came with one white one on the right side of the screen. I poked it alot and about an inch of dead pixels all the way down the right side of the screen poped up one day... so about 9,000 on that one? I rma'd and got one that was perfect.

I've had a history of *always* receiving monitors with dead pixels, but the jinx seems to have finally been broken. Recently I bought two monitors, a Dell 2707WFP and a Viewsonic VX2255wmb (for my wife's PC) and both had ZERO dead pixels.

The way it's going within a few more days I won't be able to see it. I wonder if I send it in if I will get a refurbished HC version.

(although the LEDs on my 2007WFP really arnt a problem at all said:
I had returned my 2007wfp monitor a few times due to back light bleed.. darned thing oh and some manufacturing errors like a clear spot on the screen but it still shows the image no problem and I did have a dead pixel on one of them. the last one was a broken usb port

Main thing is Dell has shipped me a refurbished monitor each time but if you check the date on the sticker it's pretty new. ( Both confirmed LG panels inside :D )

Gotta love those yellow led's. I'm just glad I can see my monitor at great angles.

( while I'm posting.. what's the difference of using a tv over an lcd computer monitor ? )

One dead or stuck pixel on my 226BW. Thankfully it's down on the quicklaunch bar and isn't very noticeable. None on my 22" Sceptre.

NEC MultiSync 1970GX-BK been using for 3-1/2 years - 0 dead pixels
LG l246WP just got a few weeks ago - 0 dead pixels

:D

the sceptre 22" monitor i got from office max has 1 stuck pixel. it is hard to see unless im watching a dark scene in a movie

I voted for 1 dead pixel, but it really ought to have been 1 dead subpixel on my LCD2490. If you happen to be looking at just the right spot from less than a few feet against a totally black background, you might catch the tiny red dot. Otherwise I don't see it. Very occasionally it will catch my eye during a movie, but then again I already know exactly where it is.

My Samsung 2253LW was good and then developed a stuck red pixel in the lower left. I ran some fast-color changing software, then rub it gently and it seems to be gone.

Back