• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dead pixels

lee63

Gawd
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
657
Hey, does anyone know where you can get an LCD checked for dead pixels and backlighting problems for an extra charge ?

Thanx in advance
 
Wait...what!? You mean, you want some 3rd party to check the displays you are going to buy from some other party, before you even purchase the display? Or, do you want someone to check for backlight bleeding/dead pixels after you purchase a display?

Either way, its a pretty silly thought. Its easy to check for both.
 
Well, I may be cynical, but I don't trust this. IMO, this deal is too good to be true. I've never owned the 2405FPW, but I've read enough about them to know there's tons of backlight bleeding issues (not too sure about the dead pixels). For this place to be selling "perfect" 2405FPW's for less than MSRP makes me think twice about it.

I'm a firm believer of, if a deal is too good to be true, than it probably is. And, you pay for what you get.
 
Chill_00 said:
Well, I may be cynical, but I don't trust this. IMO, this deal is too good to be true. I've never owned the 2405FPW, but I've read enough about them to know there's tons of backlight bleeding issues (not too sure about the dead pixels). For this place to be selling "perfect" 2405FPW's for less than MSRP makes me think twice about it.

I'm a firm believer of, if a deal is too good to be true, than it probably is. And, you pay for what you get.
Yeah your right, thanx for the input.
 
Just look at how the "master technican" checks the dead pixels. Do you guys check those on a normal desktop image? We usually use full screen white, black, red, green and blue to do that.
 
Back
Top