• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dead pixel question

Dr.Makavelli

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
197
Ok when i got my 2405 2 weeks ago, it was all perfect, no dead pixel, nothing. And last night i noticed this 1 very small dot, i thought its a dirt, but nope, a dead pixel, but i never noticed it before.

So this means every 2 weeks or so iam going to get dead pixel? lol
Or ?? Because there was no dead pixel and suddenly there it was.
 
Either there was one dead pixel and you never noticed it...or you just got a dead pixel. Its very common to get dead pixels in LCD's. Why do you think most manufacturer's wont replace it unless you get a set number of dead pixels. Way back in the day with my 17" compaq lcd, I called and complained I had a few dead pixels (1 or 2) and they sent me a brand new one and I send the old back in the box. My new one again had a dead pixel. I called again and they sent me another new one and I again sent the old one back in the box. My 3rd one was a charm. No dead pixels. Im still using that LCD to this day with no dead pixels but recently since I upgraded my computer, my video card only has 2 DVI ports and my LCD goes to sleep after it loads windows and before it gets to the desktop. I could never figure out how to fix it or what the problem was so I had to borrow a old CRT from someone in th mean time. Hopefully soon I will get a new LCD. I like the new dell 20" lcd's
 
That sucks that you can get a dead pixel after a while.

I mean its not even noticable, but its annoys me everytime i think about it, when i first got it, with no dead pixel, i was so happy, because my cousin got a 19" lcd and it had 3 BIG dead pixels. i can go and exchange it right now, and they will send me a new one in few days, but i am so lazy :rolleyes:

no way dead pixel can be fixed?
 
Back
Top