Hi there,
Have a whitebox media server with a Perc 6/i Integrated with LSI BIOS. It has been off for three months.
Upon power up I get a message with:
"Number of devices exceeds the maximum limit of devices per quad. Please remove the extra drives and reboot system to avoid losing data. System has halted due to unsupported configuration
...and the only way to boot it is disconnect the two SAS connectors (SAS - 4 x SATA) which gives me the message all my drives are gone, but at least I can get in to Windows.
Windows sees the card, so I tried a suggested firmware update. Bad idea. Upon a successful flash, the restart now gives me:
"RAID adapter
Unrecoverable error!!!
Please check the SDRAM connection.
If problems persist contact Tech Support.
Press any key to continue."
Now, with integrated RAM I can't do anything about it, and it now can no longer be seen by MegaCLI. I suspect in my haste to update firmware I used the wrong Dell firmware (how it succesffully flashed I have no idea, and maybe going from LSI back to Dell killed it).
Anyway, if I am to recover my movies (10TB of media on a RAID 6) I will need a new card.
Will any PERC 6/i Integrated do? Or is there a particular generation of LSI that I can use to bring my RAID back up?
Any help appreciated.
Have a whitebox media server with a Perc 6/i Integrated with LSI BIOS. It has been off for three months.
Upon power up I get a message with:
"Number of devices exceeds the maximum limit of devices per quad. Please remove the extra drives and reboot system to avoid losing data. System has halted due to unsupported configuration
...and the only way to boot it is disconnect the two SAS connectors (SAS - 4 x SATA) which gives me the message all my drives are gone, but at least I can get in to Windows.
Windows sees the card, so I tried a suggested firmware update. Bad idea. Upon a successful flash, the restart now gives me:
"RAID adapter
Unrecoverable error!!!
Please check the SDRAM connection.
If problems persist contact Tech Support.
Press any key to continue."
Now, with integrated RAM I can't do anything about it, and it now can no longer be seen by MegaCLI. I suspect in my haste to update firmware I used the wrong Dell firmware (how it succesffully flashed I have no idea, and maybe going from LSI back to Dell killed it).
Anyway, if I am to recover my movies (10TB of media on a RAID 6) I will need a new card.
Will any PERC 6/i Integrated do? Or is there a particular generation of LSI that I can use to bring my RAID back up?
Any help appreciated.