Today, I booted up my Linux laptop and the screen kept going extremely dark 10 secs after booting. I did the flash light test and the desktop is faintly visible under light. If I restart the laptop, the screen is perfectly fine again for about 10 secs...then goes extremely dark again.
My first thoughts are the inverter / backlight has crapped out because the machine is a 6-yr old HP. I just wanted to make sure that was the most likely problem before I did anything else. If the LCD has crapped out, how can I go about getting all the information off the machine? Just take a monitor cable and hook it up to another monitor?
Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
My first thoughts are the inverter / backlight has crapped out because the machine is a 6-yr old HP. I just wanted to make sure that was the most likely problem before I did anything else. If the LCD has crapped out, how can I go about getting all the information off the machine? Just take a monitor cable and hook it up to another monitor?
Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.