Dead OCZ SSD on a P8P67 Pro - Please help?

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

I built my brother a system few months ago before the recall of the P67 chipset with a P8P67 Pro and a OCZ 2 120 SSD and a regular 640gb Caviar drive both on the Sata3 ports as opposed to the sata2 ports obviously. Anyhow today he calls me up and says his system doesn't boot. Not only that the OCZ drive doesn't show up on the boot menu. Only the 640gb WD Caviar shows up. I suggested removing the WD640 drive and swapping cables to see if we have a dead port. Same thing. Doesn't show up on the boot menu. Seems like a dead drive. Last sunday I was playing around with his system, and upgraded his bios even and it seemed like all was well when I left...

My question is if the drive is dead then could this be as result of this Sandy Bridge chipset flaw?

Luckily I performed a backup before I left!

Thanks.

I highly doubt it was due to the motherboard. These things just die. I had 2 OCZ SSD dies on me that needed to be RMA'd in he past month alone. As much as it sucks you are not alone. OCZ has fantastic customer service however. Despite the down time he should have no problem getting a replacement.

im just glad I imaged the thing with acronis. though ive never had ssds die on me. kind of weird how it all happened..

thanks.

Back