Dead Motherboard?

travbrad

[H]ard|Gawd
In the past few weeks i've had a problem where upon booting my computer nothing happens. The monitor doesn't even get a signal, but all the drives, HSF, etc start spinning. I fixed this by resetting the CMOS the first 2 times it happened, and that seemed to fix the problem. Now today, i'm having the same problem again, but this time resetting the CMOS doesn't fx the problem. I've also tried swapping video cards with another computer and that's not the problem either.

I also recieve NO beeps when booting the computer, even when i remove the video card or RAM, which leads me to believe it's the motherboard that's the problem. What do you guys think? Is there any chance that it's the CPU? I think even with a faulty CPU wouldn't the compuer at least POST or give me some beep codes of some type? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I'm probably going to go buy a new motherboard tomorrow, but want to be sure that it's the mobo that is causing the issues.

Please list all of your hardware, including the apparent amperage for each voltage rail on the PSU.

Thanks

MSI K8N Neo2
Athlon X2 3800+
AGP Radeon 9700PRO
2x512MB GEIL PC3200
1 PCI ATA133 controller for my 250GB WD Caviar
1 80GB WD Caviar
1 Lite-On CD-RW drive
PCI Network card

My PSU is an Enermax 460watt, with the following:

+3.3=35A
+5=35A
+12=33A

I know it's not the video card, NIC, or RAM since i tested that in another computer

Back