• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

dead motherboard?

evilmonkey

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
151
Hey guys, looking for some input here. I have a computer that was not powering on last night. It has been on for a while (or so I thought) and I suppose it could have been zapped in a thunderstorm recently. But here are the symptoms:

push power button, LED's come on and fans spin up, but power cuts off after about 1/2 second

I initially hoped it was just the PSU so I picked up an antec basiq 500 for $30 to test. sadly to say it was not, did the exact same thing.

Other than this I have not done a lot of troubleshooting, simply out of the assumption that if it were a cpu or memory error that it would start up but then give some error beep code. I have never had experience with dead processors before though, would a completely dead processor cause something like this?

specs:

amd 5000+ black edition
4x2gb G.Skill ddr2-800
GA-M57SLI-S4 (v 1.1 i believe)

thanks for any input
 
Remove all non necessary peripherals, try each ram stick independently. I had the same problem before...
 
Back
Top