dead mobo?

SiDiuS

Weaksauce
My work gave me one of their computers to fix. They had a power outage and no surge protector on the computer. :/. So when I turn it on I get nothing, no cpu fan, lights on mobo, nothing. I tried swapping out the psu becuase the only thing I'm guessing could be wrong, and still no luck. It's an old asus p29L7 mobo with slot 1 pentium. Any ideas?

Pretty sure it should at least light up or fans will go when you power it up. Sounds really dead to me. If you remove everything but the little speaker you can hope it will beep if it doesnt beep.. then it is really dead.

Ok, I have another question, If I was to pretty much build a new computer for them I know their going to want all their info that was on their hdd. I'm pretty sure its a win95 OS, so I could hook up that HDD to my computer, save the data to my hdd. Format the drive so its clean, put it in the new computer, install a OS on it and then network the computers and transfer the saved files???? I've never done that b4 but thats what I'm guessing is the only thing to do.

^^ that would work or you could just put the old HDD into the new computer and call it done.... depends on how important a new install is.... otherwise there is no problem with your method... assuming the HDD is not dead also...

Back