Dead? macbook - pretty sure it's the logicboard

sleepkyng

Weaksauce
a friend of mine took her macbook to apple and they said the logicboard was dead. she gave it to me because she didn't want to pay the $1000 or whatever to fix it.

is it worth it to try and replace the logicboard or should I just part the rest of the system out - everything else is in pretty good condition.

it's a 2008 macbook with the 2.4ghz, 2 x 1gb, 160gb etc.

Logic boards cost about $550.

The real question is, what killed it? They come with a 1 year warrenty so I assume it's completely out of warranty coverage?

If the logic board is all that needs to be replaced it's an easy fix. However, we must hope that the memory and HD are still in working order, etc.

Logic boards cost about $550.

The real question is, what killed it? They come with a 1 year warrenty so I assume it's completely out of warranty coverage?

If the logic board is all that needs to be replaced it's an easy fix. However, we must hope that the memory and HD are still in working order, etc.

DIY

+1 for baking.

Bake the logic board. If it doesnt fix it, a new logic board still puts you under the cost of buying a working MB. You'll then be able to sell the book on ebay working, at least getting out of it what you have into it. Plus baking experience.

awesome suggestions everyone, thanks.

memory and hdd are in perfect working order as i've tested them on other laptops now.

but... bake it!?

Back