Dead Island is apparently getting a "Game of the Year" Edition

I really enjoyed the game. I used some mods to make it more enjoyable though. I still want to do a second playthrough with the Romero mod, headshots only. More guns ammo and loot was a must have mod, it made guns actually useful(I think this mod or another added them doing insane damage on headshots, how it should be)
I remember looking for the Romero mod and could never find it. The links to the files were dead and the person who made the mod never came back to the forums to offer the files or new links to them.

The issue is that it is false advertising. It is deceptive to call a "complete" edition "Game of the Year" when it didn't actually win any GOTY awards. Some sucker/parent might be conned into buying this game thinking it was one of the best games of 2011 when not only was it not one of those, it was one of the worst.
If the consumer is so stupid they get suckered in by "game of the year" without actually looking at the game then frankly they deserve to have their money taken. You'd have to be a moron, and if you're a parent why are you buying a game for your kid called "Dead Island" without first looking into it anyway :p

False advertising is a bit of a stretch. "GOTY edition" doesn't really have any requirements, at least that I'm aware, it's like sticking "all natural" or "healthy" or "high fibre" on a pack of unhealthy and sugary bars (though that is something that IS regulated at least in some areas). There's nothing saying what defines a GOTY edition game, what defines a reputable source of GOTY awards or what the GOTY award has to be. They could just slap it on because the publisher thinks it was their GOTY or, in this case, because it got good sales.

For it to be false advertising that advertising firstly has to actually mean something, and GOTY doesn't really.

Also, "one of the worst" is a bit harsh :p Buggy as all fuck, yeah, but I still enjoyed it, especially with mods.

I was stoaked for this game, and got it on release....and put in about 4 hours before I got sick of its issues and stupid design.

The community mod has the Romero mod included, so you could try that and take out the stuff you don't want :)

I don't think any mod would make me play that stinker again. It got boring quick.

Got sick of this game after about 45 minutes.
Dying Light = the "real" Dead Island GOTY edition.

I heard the next Dead Island is going to be about threads like this coming back from the dead.

This is the game that finally taught me to wait for reviews and wait for Steam sales. I paid full price for this turd since I love the zombie genre (I was very forgiving) and my God was it terrible. From design choices, weapons made out of Styrofoam, checkpoint save system, etc.

This game does not even deserve game of the week.

A hell of a lot of this!

Back