• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dead HS Fan?

Requiem

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
208
I've had a 92mm Zalman fan cooling my XP-90 for a few months now and for the last few days, my motherboard has given me "CPU Fan Error" every time I start up. I thought it might just be a connection problem, as the fan was still spinning. This morning when I started my computer, the fan made a loud whirring sound but did not spin. I took the fan off the HS and the blades are very stiff unlike my other fans. Is the fan dead and is there any way to fix it?
 
The bearings are probably seized, a common problem with sleeve bearing fans, which the Zalman is one.

Consider a new fan, perhaps a 92mm Panaflo.
 
you could try oiling it... get yourself some 3 in 1 oil and peel off the sticker on the fan then stick some oil in there and spin it for a while. remember to clean any excess oil as it could spray when your fan is spinning fast :eek:

the oil is pretty cheap (like $2 a bottle). and can be used a pile of times.
 
Back
Top