leSLIe
Fully [H]
- Joined
- Oct 18, 2004
- Messages
- 17,698
My HD is making noises that are no good, like squeaking when trying to read, it does not go far from POST, its a Seagate Barracuda 200Gb 7200rpm SATA 1, it´s just 8 months old, it is definetively a mechanical problem. I set 15min to be the time in which the HD should stop if there is nothing going on.
I used to have problem with this feature with some Parallel ATA drives but since this is SATA and in theory there a hot swappable i guessed there would be no problem, guess i was mistaken. Now i need to recover the data, but doing so would void the you know what, so how could i then RMA it ?
I used to have problem with this feature with some Parallel ATA drives but since this is SATA and in theory there a hot swappable i guessed there would be no problem, guess i was mistaken. Now i need to recover the data, but doing so would void the you know what, so how could i then RMA it ?