(DEAD) Dell S2409W 24 Inch monitor 188 shipped

Pretty good deal for a 24" monitor, especially from Dell.

I do share a dislike for 16:9 panels. TN tech does bother me, but mostly because its gotten so popular that other techs don't get the volume they need to become affordable. I'm just glad LCDs have gotten so much cheaper though 24" still hasn't quite hit the value/buck peak yet.

Someday I'll own those NEC multisyncs..

Anyway, this thread is about a decent deal on a 24" lcd monitor. Seeing that I got my Samsung 2443BWX for $300 this isn't bad at all.

One thing I will check when I get mine in is if this is actually wider then my 2407 at the house. Since they are both 24" but this one is 16:9, then it should be. May help the immersioin factor when gaming as it will fill up more of your perifrial vision (sp?)

One thing I will check when I get mine in is if this is actually wider then my 2407 at the house. Since they are both 24" but this one is 16:9, then it should be. May help the immersioin factor when gaming as it will fill up more of your perifrial vision (sp?)

peripheral ;)

this does look like a good deal though for anyone wanting greater surface area for 1080p material than a 16:10 monitor with 1:1 pixel mapping ...ie immersion factor as mentioned above for console gaming

Feel free to list some prices. You can get great color reproduction and clarity, but you sacrifice response time. Very important for gamers.
The 2 Dell's go for the same price and the IPS has the same response time as the TN. Although input lag's usually been more of a concern for me.

All this arguing in a hot deal thread. If you want to argue different panels, then go to the displays forum. This is a good deal as monitors have gone down in price.
If you hate it, don't buy it.

Instead you've drawn the thread into a three page bitchfest about TN panels.
No information about this panel, nothing of relevance posted by either of you. Of course Apallohadas did manage to misquote me. Oh, and it's about a page and a half here. There's a neat little option to see more posts per page in your User CP.

seems more like educating than thread-crapping. some of you are either of poor eyesight or just foolish if you consider a 24" display with a TN panel as your primary display if you do do anything besides word processing, because at that size, even being viewed dead-on, the edges of the image/movie/game/website/etc will be color-distorted. what a terrible piece of Dell trash, like most of their monitors these days. if it's not an MVA/PVA panel with horrid input lag, it's a TN with horrid display qualities, or RARELY it's actually an -IPS display but it'll be over-priced.
I love my 2007WFP but Dell has yet to release something IPS-based comparable worth buying, particularly with low input lag. That one e-IPS 22" display comes close, but I don't want pixel-pitch that high and I'd prefer 1920x1080or1200 so it's full HD.

Some of us aren't rich and pompous. TN monitors are not created equally, and for the most part, better panels cost significantly more.

Some of us aren't rich and pompous. TN monitors are not created equally, and for the most part, better panels cost significantly more.

If you can't afford a decent 24" monitor, you buy a decent 22" or 20" monitor. It's called living within your means. Hell, I run a 20" monitor; I live what I'm saying.
There shouldn't be a market for a crappy 24" display, except that people want to brag about their display being 24" and yet the quality of the image produced is crappy. That's just sad.

It seems every time hotdeals are posted for monitors they're always TN panels.

question:
How exactly does someone recognize whether a monitor is a TN panel or some other type of panel ?

Price is the biggest indicator, but there are a few sites that try to catalog them.

I Bought one this morning used a coupon code for free 2 day shipping as well..

Dell Home Coupon Free 2 Day Shipping on Electronics & Accessories Orders Coupon Code: ZBC8LPSBMMRB28
Good up to 10,000 Uses

TO the threadcrapper... grant you you make have a superior looking screen but my new one comes with HDMI plug on the back and i will use the crap out of it because that actually means something to me..

ive had TN monitors for a very long time and they work just peachy... so if you wanna have your little battle take it to your own thread and quit crapping up this deal.

The 2 Dell's go for the same price and the IPS has the same response time as the TN. Although input lag's usually been more of a concern for me.

No information about this panel, nothing of relevance posted by either of you. Of course Apallohadas did manage to misquote me. Oh, and it's about a page and a half here. There's a neat little option to see more posts per page in your User CP.

What math are you using? Last time I recall a 22" = 22" and a 24" = 24" :confused:

How are these going for the same price as well? Since when is $188 = $279?

What is the deal with your last comment that I bold. I respect your opinion on non-TN vs TN however your just throwing a lot of crap around in this thread and being a smartass.

It is call diverse market. Not everyone is in the same market like you who needs glamor panel but needs a cheap LCD as much real estate as possible.

If your taking any marketing class let your professor know your going to fail. While your at it let your math teacher too since you can't measure or count properly.

If you can't afford a decent 24" monitor, you buy a decent 22" or 20" monitor. It's called living within your means. Hell, I run a 20" monitor; I live what I'm saying.
There shouldn't be a market for a crappy 24" display, except that people want to brag about their display being 24" and yet the quality of the image produced is crappy. That's just sad.

1920 vs. 1680 is at least as big a difference as IPS vs. TN, if not moreso. I'd rather have an E2200HD than a 20WMGX2, if it was my only monitor. Fortunately I own the latter, and also have two better monitors than the former.

1920x1080/1200 for under $200 is a deal. No more arguing.

last I checked, this was the hot-deals section.

Not why X amount of people think Y Panel at Z price is a better

Seriously, you just sound stupid in the end, no matter how insist you are being informative. This is the [h]otdeals section, if you want to discuss the value of the monitor go to the monitor section.

These arguments are no better than people arguing why 400 dollar video cards are worse as opposed to the 200 dollar video cards due to performance.

It's all about levels, and some people are content with TN's. No need to go ape $hit and judge people for choosing to use a TN

because at that size, even being viewed dead-on, the edges of the image/movie/game/website/etc will be color-distorted.
That is just not true, and you don't even own a 24" monitor to back up the claim.

From the youtube videos i've seen on this, it looks pretty dang good.

So far, i've yet to see anyone with real world experience w/ this monitor say anything.

So it sounds like more of a "TN vs IPS" fanboy club... How can you compare a TN monitor you've never used to a TN monitor that you've had a bad experience with?

I've seen LCD tv's @ best buy that look very different from each other even though they have the same specs.

Everyone stop threadcrapping... now.

If you have a deal for a 22" monitor, feel free to create a new thread about it. Otherwise, take the 22" vs 24" debate to the display forums.

Fine, fine. I concede for being a dick. Perhaps if someone hadn't have showed me their snazzy S-IPS, I may have been enjoying a much larger experience non the wiser. Peace. ;)

ur apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.

:[

Got mine in yesterday and I must say, it's nice in some games to get the extra additional widescreen compared to the standard 16:10. Have it setting right next to my 2407 and while it does pale in comparison it's not a bad monitor by any means. Lots of real estate for a cheap price and I would do it again if I had the choice.

Got mine today... by far best 200 bucks i spent.... using it as a HDMI TV/PS3/DVD monitor.. and it looks LEGEN .... WAIT 4 IT.......................................................................................................DARY

Back