(DEAD) Dell S2409W 24 Inch monitor 188 shipped

You should brush up on the Hot Deals rules.

Title must include price (price shipped preferred).

With 10% off coupon the monitor comes out to $188.10 plus shipping and tax I imagine.

Actually the shipping is free and with tax mine came out to $203.10. Not really sure if I want to pull the trigger though.

After coupon it costs $188 but the total is about $200 after tax, shipping was free for me. I dunno how good this monitor is but for 24" you really can't beat it.

HOT Deal.

Color wash/shifting, terrible viewing angles. I've been itching for a 24 in version of my S-IPS 2007WFP for a year or two now and here they go an introduce a new 240 series that's simply unviewable IMO. What's wrong w/ a TN? I've never seen one that doesn't look different from bezel to bezel...not a fan of darker/lighter areas on the same panel.

Look @ the CPU fan in these pictures. You can see the contrast completely reappear when slightly turning the TN based Gateway. No issues on the Dell. Hell, even S-PVA's suffer from color wash/shifting too. Watching the road just disappear on a good ol TN while playing a racing game kills me @ LAN parties.

Blah blah. It's a 24" display for $200. No shit it's a TN panel. Did you expect otherwise? They're cheap with fast response times.

Dag son this is a great deal:). might just get one of these, would be an up grade over my current monitor.only prob is i'd have to get a new video card:(

It always makes me laugh when people talk about viewing angles on monitors, like they're attempting to type/game from the side or something.:p

If it's any consolation, Dell's monitors with TN panels are better than most ...

The total comes to $197.51 shipped for me. I am just not sure if I want to get this one or keep my Acer 24" P241W. I don't know if I like the 1080P screen size. Great price tho thanks OP for sharing.

I picked one up to use along side my Dell 2005 FPW

I was needing a second monitor anyways... the one I have has a 25ms response time, so going to 5ms should be nice

It always makes me laugh when people talk about viewing angles on monitors, like they're attempting to type/game from the side or something.:p

The larger the panel, the more shift you see just sitting at it with your head dead center.

I've got one of each, 22" TN and MVA, 24" PVA and just bought the 24" TN. I'm sorry, but a 24 and 22 are just way to diffrent, apples and oranges. If you want a 24", and don't mind a TN then this is a great deal. Good luck on getting a non-TN 24" at this price anytime soon....

Have you ever used an S-IPS based panel? Perhaps if you had, then you'd realize a low viewing angle spec = trash. Have fun looking at different colors in various regions of the panel. Some darker portions won't be visible dead on, but can be seen on the side. Pictures will look different from corner to corner. The little red bar here in this forum will go from red to darker red.

And YES, I do view my panel from different angles. Sometimes I slouch to the side to better stretch my legs out on the sub that's off to the left. Sometimes I actually use my pc wo/ sitting down! That means I'm above the monitor, hey! And get this, sometimes other people look on to my monitor from sides or above!

Yes, I get raged over TN panels, because they're absolute shit for anything but the most un[H]ard and unaware users. You like your TN panel, that's great, how bout picking up a matching Dell XPS while you're at it? I'm sure you won't notice the overheating northbridge, razer sharp edges, proprietary board, loud fans, obnoxious lighting, or specialized, "made for Dell" video and sound cards that fight you on a driver install.

I don't care if they're giving them away, they look like shit. By buying this monitor, you're telling Dell you like crappy monitors and I won't get my 2410 H-IPS w/ better blacks, faster response, and PERFECT color contrast.

lol @ that youtube video. What some folks just don't get's that viewing angle matters even if your head's dead center.

I have a TN panel right next to a refurb IPS panel.

If I was buying new, the difference wouldn't be work the price of the IPS to me. I'm quite happy with the TN for the price, but I don't any high end graphics editing or anything either. For gaming with a good desk, a TN panel is just fine.

Wow Jodiuh, threadcrapping to the max. Clearly we must all agree with you or face your Uber trashtalking skillz of wrath.

There are some better TN panels FYI. One of my Samsung 940b LCDs is awesome and very accurate for colors (I have had many pictures printed by professional photo printers and they look as they do on my screen). Now, I have a second 940b right next to it that is not as good, but it is not a samsung panel (samsung uses a few different panel manufactures even in the same models).

For most though, TN is plenty. If you do not need the color accuracy, besides being a bit nicer to look at, most will be and are perfectly happy with TN monitors.

Boy you really hate TN don't you. I'm sorry but there is such a thing as a budget screen. I don't go around telling people to not buy 4 cylinder engines because they are crap. You accept some compromises with the lower price. That said, TNs do not look that bad! I own 2 and even after working at a S-IPS screen at work all day then using a S-IPS at home, I still don't mind using the TN screen. I definitely don't get your rage and feel the desire to destroy it with a hammer.

wow, just when you thought it was a deals thread. Yet ANOTHER TN vs IPS bashing.

Actually, I use two of the 22" Dells w/ TN panels side by side, but I rotate them. This makes viewing difficult even at the slightest angles, especially from the left. :(

Wow Jodiuh, threadcrapping to the max. Clearly we must all agree with you or face your Uber trashtalking skillz of wrath.
wow, just when you thought it was a deals thread. Yet ANOTHER TN vs IPS bashing.
I got nothing out of these posts. No information, no opinion on hardware, absolutely nothing. Somewhere, someone will look @ the pics and links I provided and decide against buying a large 24in TN panel in favor of a smaller IPS like the 2209WA. Perhaps someone will come by, see the quality issues, and think, "Hey, that's what that is!" Sorry I stepped on your very sensitive toes there guys. I hope you'll be ok. :eek:

I don't go around telling people to not buy 4 cylinder engines because they are crap.
The mom loves the gas money saved and has no need for speed. And you know what? Her old Gateway laptop has a terrible panel. So I suppose if you're an older woman w/ basic computer needs and poor eyesight, a TN would suit you well. And yes, I would love to smash a TN w/ a hammer, hell, it might improve the color inconsistencies.

The Dell 2209WA would be a far better buy for $200. But don't take my word for it...

http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/monitors/0,239029422,339294389,00.htm
http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/HardwarePeripheriques/Ecrans/topique-nouveau-profil-sujet_46122_1.htm
http://forums.erodov.com/dell-ultrasharp-2209wa-review/18048.html
http://www.overclock.net/monitors-displays/467862-my-review-dell-2209wa-ips-panel.html

You want people to buy a smaller IPS instead of a larger TN? Picture quality is important, but so is real estate. People who game and browse the web will be completely satisfied with the TN's response time. No reason to spend hundreds more.

I'm not telling people to buy the smaller 22" E-IPS 2209WA I'm saying I bought it because I own a 24" already.

I don't hate TN - even my macbook pro uses a TN screen I'm just saying for the price - the E-IPS at $210 shipped with a 3 year warranty KILLs this 1920x1080 24" TN.

If you don't have a main monitor, even then this monitor is terrible - might as well get a 1920x1200 24".

This monitor is intended for viewing movies and blu-ray - if you want real estate buy a proper 1200p set.

Sacrificing 2 inches for a more standard 16:10 which gives better clarity and FAR better quality wo/ spending ANYmore seems like a pretty good trade to me.

Sacrificing 2 inches for a more standard 16:10 which gives better clarity and FAR better quality wo/ spending ANYmore seems like a pretty good trade to me.

Feel free to list some prices. You can get great color reproduction and clarity, but you sacrifice response time. Very important for gamers.

All this arguing in a hot deal thread. If you want to argue different panels, then go to the displays forum. This is a good deal as monitors have gone down in price.

You want people to buy a smaller IPS instead of a larger TN? Picture quality is important, but so is real estate. People who game and browse the web will be completely satisfied with the TN's response time. No reason to spend hundreds more.

And this is what I hope is the case...

If not - i'm sure I won't have a problem unloading a DELL 24" for more than 203 ;)

And this is what I hope is the case...

If not - i'm sure I won't have a problem unloading a DELL 24" for more than 203 ;)

+1

If I don't like it, I have a friend already interested in buying it from me for same price.

Back