Dead Deal

Do you have any other cans that you can compare to these? I currently have hd600s, dt880s, and dt990s. Out of those 3 the 990s are my favorite and they were the cheapest. Do you think I'd like these? They will run off an X7 amp

These are my first pair of good headphones, I've only had gaming headsets to compare them to(astro a40, a50, Siberia 800), and of course the Hifiman completely blows them out of the water. The best I can do is link some
reviews.

Quoted from one of the reviews "The HiFiMAN HE400S is not only raved about by reviewers and customers—I also thought its performance was incredible for the price. At slightly under $300, you're essentially getting the audio quality of an $800+ pair of headphones. In fact, even some headphones that cost well above $1000 don't sound quite as good or measure as well as the HE400S."

The Terrific HiFiMAN HE400S Planar Magnetic Headphones

Hifiman HE-400S Review

HiFiMAN HE400S Planar Magnetic Headphones Review - HomeTheaterHifi.com

Best headphones | PC Gamer

HiFiMAN HE400S

HiFiMAN HE-400S Headphones Review

https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-HE40...id=1476481371&sr=8-1&keywords=hifiman+he-400s

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been very curious to try these but just blew my budget on some vmoda cf wireless.. The planar magnetic drive on these is supposed to have a very special and amazing sound.

Audio is very subjective. I had HE-500's and sold them since I always grabbed my HD 650's instead. If you decide to try them make sure they have a good return policy.

Back