• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dead CPU, Mobo or other?

pigwalk

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
8,396
Hey guys, noticed last night that my Saitek was lighting up even though my machine wasn't on, so I turned power off from the PSU and it went off, didn't think much of it.

This morning I try turning my machine back on and NOTHING. My Eclipse still lights up but thats it. Tried a differnt psu and still nothing. Took the machine apart, unplug any non necessary peripherals and still nothing. Short the PS_ON to ground on both PSU's and both run fine. The board is an Epox 9NDAJ NF3, with a Winchester A64 3200 CBBID. The chip shows no physical signs of burning or anything extraneous. Same with the mobo. I tried using the power switch from a different case I had lying around and still nothing. I{m guessing it's either the CPU or Mobo, most likely the CPU. The troubleshooting display on the mobo gives me nothing, but it still passes power through the USB ports even though the PSU isn't running. What gives?

Help ASap please!!

-wil
 
it doesn't start at all? no fans spinning.. anything? try it out of the case with ram and vid card only - start it by shorting power switch pins with screwdriver..
 
TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
it doesn't start at all? no fans spinning.. anything? try it out of the case with ram and vid card only - start it by shorting power switch pins with screwdriver..

Tried with both different PSU´s and still nothing. All I get is power to the USB ports, and that´s without either PSU even being turned on. Anyone else? Also, 4 pin connector is plugged in everytime, still nothing.

Please help a guy out, I just got to South America for a few months of vacation, so I can´t RMA anything, and replacement parts are going to cost me an arm and a leg here!

-wil
 
Back
Top