Dead 2.4B ?

no, i had already put my 2.4c in my system and im too lazy to take it out. does the bios have to be cleared on 1st boot? as in taking the battery out, i think it should at least post....

Originally posted by Dillusion
no, i had already put my 2.4c in my system and im too lazy to take it out. does the bios have to be cleared on 1st boot? as in taking the battery out, i think it should at least post....

Then were to lazy to tell you. I've had heatsinks stuck on the chip that you had them pull the CPU out of the socket even with the arm closed.

Make sure you didnt rip or break any pins off check again.

And test the chip in the board it came out. Takes me 3 minutes with my vapo to change chips. And im not to lazy to check every chip i get in for that wonder chip instead of putting it in a customers computer.

Yeah man dont be lazy...

You even asked if clearing cmos would help lol. GO TRY IT AND SEE.

I have also had to pull a P4 out of the socket while closed and it worked fine after.

i cleared the cmos, ther eis no jumper, only the 30 second battery thing. its not the memory, i tested that, its not the 9500, i used a gf4, its not the PSU, its not the HD.....theres no jumper to move before 1st boot, could it be a grounding issue? or maybe a DOA mobo? =/

Could be...

Take the mobo out of the case and try it out.

Final step would be to test the chip out on a different motherboard.

Back