De-shroud, Repaste, Temp Drops!

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
I was having problems with my rig 'locking' up and decided to try and lower the temps in my Ncase by de-shrouding my GPU, re pasting it and adding two fans underneath in an exhaust position. Pretty happy with my results at idle.
cpu temps.PNG

Thermal paste can sometimes harden into a rock or crystal, and provide great heat transfer.
But if that crystal structure should crack, heat transfer drops massively.

I prefer a gooey paste instead of a hardening paste. Extremely fine silver particles, suspended in some sort of oil or solvent would be best, I imagine. Maybe even some form of ultra-dense carbon particles.
I always like to repaste all my video cards as soon as the warranty expires. Ugh. I wish their warranties weren't so "breakable."

It should be normal to seek small overclocks, perform useful modifications, and of course, maintain your hardware by repasting, cleaning, sanding, lapping, and all manner of madness!

Thermal paste can sometimes harden into a rock or crystal, and provide great heat transfer.
But if that crystal structure should crack, heat transfer drops massively.

I prefer a gooey paste instead of a hardening paste. Extremely fine silver particles, suspended in some sort of oil or solvent would be best, I imagine. Maybe even some form of ultra-dense carbon particles.
I always like to repaste all my video cards as soon as the warranty expires. Ugh. I wish their warranties weren't so "breakable."

It should be normal to seek small overclocks, perform useful modifications, and of course, maintain your hardware by repasting, cleaning, sanding, lapping, and all manner of madness!

It seriously needed it. Was completely dried off.

I had a problem with XFX 7870s used in projection servers drying out.
Luckily the studio I worked for didn't care about fixing anythjng and I was able to get possession in writing.
Repasted them with Noctua after cleaning off the hard stock gunk and sold them all on here years ago.
Not 1 complaint from any of the buyers.

Back