DDR5-8000 coming soon to an Intel server near you

Needs RGB and some sharp-edged heat spreaders to really impress, though...doesn't matter if they're in a server rack buried in a data center or not, flashing lights and sharp edges sell ram, this is fact.
WASP-021186WASP-GBA604.jpg

Last edited:
Needs RGB and some sharp-edged head spreaders to really impress, though...doesn't matter if they're in a server rack buried in a data center or not, flashing lights and sharp edges sell ram, this is fact.
View attachment 532937
My servers have more flashing lights and indicators than any of my personal rigs so I guess it tracks, so if they were equipped with LED "indicators" that signaled through colors to display utilization, IO, Temperature, and conditional health, it could be a straight up party in there.

Damn that's %25 faster than 6000MHz. Either I was late to the 6000MHz party or it didn't last very long lol.
If you read the article on it while being only 25% faster on the MHz side of things the pin speed difference is huge, it's 80% faster there so actual data transfer speeds should be incredible.
They manage 8Gbps per pin with these chips while normal DDR5 is limited to 4.8.

Its actually bigger- 33.3% increase. But who's counting eh?

The amount of increase = 2000, which is 33.3% of the original number 6000.
But the pin speed increase of 66.6% is the bigger deal.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Well on servers you will actually notice the difference - on desktops, its hard enough to notice the difference on Raptor lake ddr4 vs ddr5
Depends what you're doing. In gaming, theres a crossover point where higher frequency DDR5 begins to pull away and increases minimum framerates at 4K. Not massive but can be like 7-15% in some tests I've seen.

It's still early days for DDR5 and latency needs to keep improving to pull further away from the fastest DDR4, but there are already overclockers doing 9000-9533MHz DDR5, and the differences in memory intensive tasks start becoming significant beyond like 7200-C34 with Raptor Lake. We'll probably see DDR5-10000 binned XMP kits in late 2023 or early 2024.

Last edited:
TBH I find myself wondering these days if I’d be happier with CPUs having on-die memory. I’m still rather stunned at the sheer memory bandwidth my M1 Max can demonstrate, and that’s in a laptop form factor. I’d welcome such a thing on my Windows desktop.

Depends what you're doing. In gaming, theres a crossover point where higher frequency DDR5 begins to pull away and increases minimum framerates at 4K. Not massive but can be like 7-15% in some tests I've seen.

It's still early days for DDR5 and latency needs to keep improving to pull further away from the fastest DDR4, but there are already overclockers doing 9000-9533MHz DDR5, and the differences in memory intensive tasks start becoming significant beyond like 7200-C34 with Raptor Lake. We'll probably see DDR5-10000 binned XMP kits in late 2023 or early 2024.
Yea but I've never had an xmp profiled set of ram work perfectly. It always has a tendency to randomly restart during boot up mostly. It's never as smooth as the recommended speed. This is on the past 4 builds of mine usually very expensive "high quality" binned chips from dominator gt to dominator platinum whatever to tridents c32 whatever doesn't matter. After a while I just set it to stock and it works perfectly never second guesses during boot up. It gets obnoxious after a while or unnecessary restarts. 4 different platforms 4 different kits and chipsets and CPUs all act the same way cause they are technically "over clocked"

Back