DDR4 memory OC opinion

JNavy89GT

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok wanted to run this by the peanut gallery. Can't really clock memory higher w/out errors in memtest or no post.

4x16gb Gskill PC3000 15-15-15 memory. Can oc to about 3100 at stock timings but after that things need to get a whole lot looser to be stable. 3DMark shows some minor improvement with the higher speeds so will probably leave it here provided things stay stable etc... Given I"m running 4x 16gb dimms on a Z270 board, I cannot expect much higher unless you gurus have some pearls of wisdom.

lxxcAVO.jpg

1.2v for each. Upping more doesn't seem to help but SA voltage seems to like 1.15-1.2 v for 4x16. IO I had at 1.25, but was able to lower and still pass.

Honestly, other than on memory benchmarks, you get no noticeable benefit from running the ragged edge and the opportunity for frustration. Not really worth pushing the limits beyond the bragging rights.

All I do with my quad DDR4 3000 setup is all stock but set the Command Rate to 1T. Done.

which memtest are you using. there is a heck of a difference.
the best options for stressting OC'ed memory is memtest86 7.03 and prime95 blend.
Peime95 blend will show you errors way ahead of any of the memtest86 when it comes to speed/voltage related errors and not hard faults

Back