• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DDR3 settings..

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
6,004
I have always used unlocked K CPU's and recently built a media box I cannot get it to run the ram over 1333mhz. I have 1600mhz ram in it and I have also installed 2000mhz ram wiht no luck. I even tried the XMP profile for it but no luck. I verified all timings and voltage are correct. Does this have to do with the i3 2125 cpu I am using? I would have thought 1600mhz would not be a problem. I am lost. The board is an Asus p8H77-i ITX. Thanks for any advice!
 
Official memory support is for that CPU is DDR3-1066/1333 although I would have expected DDR3 1600 to work. Perhaps you have a CPU with a weak IMC.
 
Official memory support is for that CPU is DDR3-1066/1333 although I would have expected DDR3 1600 to work. Perhaps you have a CPU with a weak IMC.

I just built two more.. same exact issue. I can't complain.. I am building HTPC rigs for buddies. Just got an i3 2120 from frys for $35 lol. Can't be to pissed if hte ram only runs at 1333mhz.. plenty to get the job done.
 
I wouldn't imagine those lower end chips to have a good decent imc on them at all. 1,333Mhz is plenty fast but it is always good to get a little more out of them. Perhaps you will get lucky with one and hit 1,600Mhz to work. $35 bucks is a good deal on them. Perhaps shoot a little extra volts to it and see.
 
Raise your VCCIO/VTT/QPI voltage just a little. Built a system for my son's friend with a similar cpu (i3-2120) and he's running the 1.35v Samsung ram at 1866. Had to bump his VTT to 1.1v to get it stable.
 
The 2nd gen i's don't officially support DDR3-1600.

The H77 does support DDR3-1600, but only with the 3rd gen i series chips and up.(IB+)

That being said, I would wager that the specific board you're using is locking you out of the other multipliers because it sees you're runnin a SNB chip.

Bad Asus.
 
My Asrock & Gigabyte boards haven't had that problem with i3's, Sandy or Ivy Bridge.
 
Back
Top