DDR2 Questions what to buy

Ok im building a new system & im kind of stuck with DDR2 (new intel system).

I think i have narrowed it down to two im going to be getting 1gb (512x2) so im thinking of these's Crucial Ballistix 240-Pin 512MB DDR2 PC2-4200 or PQI 240-Pin 512MB DDR2 PC2-4200 .

I don't plan on Overclocking i just want somthing with ok timming for DDR2.

I seen the PIQ has a timming of 3-3-3-8 & the Crucial has a timming of 3-3-3-10 does that making the PIQ better thx in advance for any input.

Ok that Ram seems to be one of the best. Now what other kinds would you recommend for someone on a budget to get the fastest performance?

You don't necessarily have to get DDR2 if you're going with sLGA775 processors - there still are boards that will run good old plain DDR ram. Such as the DFI board... Just get some TCCD, and run it at about DDR600 or so :)

Check out www.mushkin.com for another memory choice. They also have 3-3-3-8 memory available for a good price. Check out google for coupon codes that will give you 10% off when you purchase from them.

I'm getting DDR2 also, I seem to be looking for the same thing. From what I've seen so far I will purchase Mushkin memory. Go Intel MBs ;)

iddqd said:
You don't necessarily have to get DDR2 if you're going with sLGA775 processors - there still are boards that will run good old plain DDR ram. Such as the DFI board... Just get some TCCD, and run it at about DDR600 or so :)
while you can do ddr600 with those, a review over at anand showed how the low latency ddr2 stuff can easily get to ddr2-800 speeds :D

patriot still has awesome timings and they aren't crazy expensive. those are actually cheaper than a lot of 2x512mb configs of regular high performance ddr
now i don't have any personal experience with partiot, but i haven't heard anything bad about them.. and plus they have red heatspreaders, which are pretty hot ;)

Back